1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Chicago shuts down Trump

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by onlythebulls13, Mar 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Don't take my words for backing Trump. I'm just having a hard time understanding why the protesters thought this was a good idea. The way it's looking, Trump supporters only have more of a reason to get out and vote for him. And right before the Tuesday where the second most amount of delegates are given out in a single day including winner-take-all states.

Even if you're right, Trump supporters don't see it that way. I legitimately think there is something wrong with Trump supporters mentally. I really do not think they are smart enough to look at all the evidence. They will see this on TV and it will backfire on protesters by simply boosting his support. The reason he is where he is today is because the media has given his racist, sexist outrageous comments so much attention.

Even then, I still think Ted Cruz is worse than him. I'd rather have Trump in office than Cruz. That's aside the point.

But you know what? If this really does help his campaign, I can see some good out of it for a very different reason: Trump getting the nomination would result in a Democratic win by a landslide. This doesn't hurt Trump in his campaign. If your goal was to hurt him, then the exact opposite probably happened.

2. onlythebulls13

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Ok, im sure you know better. I think it makes trump look weak, and will embolden more protesters to stand up to facism, my opinion, your opinion is the opposite... i dont think you should address it like youre talking in fact. Thats your opinion

3. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm just stating this how I see it. If Trump made it this far with the media giving him all the attention, what do you think the effect of such a protest would be? If the protesters were more civil, perhaps it would hurt him. But it just doesn't appear that this was a civil protest at all. Thus, Trump supporters have more of a reason to support him during the primary election.

Even after I said all that, I could be wrong. We won't know for sure what impact it had on his campaign until Tuesday.

4. Adray

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm proud of the Chicago protesters. It takes guts to stand up when you know you will be in a hostile crowd. I did some protesting in the Occupy Wall Street movement, and it was really an important life experience for me.

Tonight was hardly a "riot". It was a largely peaceful protest. The Chicago Police seemed to handle it pretty well, too, from what I saw. No fires set, no shootings or stabbings. Lots of banners displayed and points made.

Trump and Cruz are just different flavors of awful. We need Bernie or Hillary to be elected to protect the advances we've seen under President Obama (who is awesome, in my opinion). I'm voting for Hillary in the Illinois Primary on Tuesday, but I'll be almost equally happy with Bernie in November if he's the guy.

5. Shallow waters

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    :eusa_danc

6. onlythebulls13

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Couldnt have said it better myself. I agree 100% adray

7. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with your sentiment with regard to Trump and all, but Ted Cruz is another fascist voice. And a more electable one (though still probably too far right to win the general).

8. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I saw that. It doesn't say much about our country that he's gotten this far to begin with. Good going, Chicago.

9. Typhoon

Typhoon Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    You sound really desperate, something noticeable in a lot of Bernie supporters. Cute job of making out what one guy said to be common throughout his supporters. It makes your defense of minorities extremely hypocritical.

It's slightly amusing how this happened after a civil debate. It is starting to look as if someone in politics tried (and failed) to undermine him. I hope you realize that this is only going to make him unstoppable.

Maybe Chicago should have held protests for the crime rate in there instead of only going after the Republican Presidential candidate :thumbsup: The Trump movement just got stronger after this incident. The best bit is that people like you fail to see that, since you are too busy gnashing your teeth in glee. So does the media, who instead of undermining Trump is creating a lot of overconfidence among Democrats. The next several months are going to be epic.

10. Euler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Oh the irony in this thread!

The same people who vocally condemn the religious right's anti-gay demonstrations and protests but then cheer when "liberal" people use the same tactics to cancel a rally of a political opponent. This seems to be a global trend. In my country the split is along left right not so much liberal conservative. In my country the leftists arrange violent counter-demonstrations whenever the "right wing" holds peaceful marches and then blame the right and the police for violence against them.

Freedom of speech means also freedom from fear of violence for speaking out. It is the government's duty to protect even those who have unpopular message. The state has failed if the rally was cancelled out of fear of violence. It's OK to have peaceful demonstration against Trump. It is not OK to disrupt his rally. And this is what his opponents have effectively being doing. Those who interrupt his rallies are kicked out but for some reason the "liberal left" makes them martyr victims of Trump's "racism".

11. Typhoon

Typhoon Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Freedom of speech is fine as long as you're supporting Democrats.

12. Kinky

Kinky Guest

I don't know why an angry self-righteous mob is something to be proud of. Those people acted like animals. They couldn't listen to reasons. Has any of you been to a violent protest, or perhaps a very exciting football games? These kind of events create a very provocative atmosphere. It's savage, it's fun and it lowers social inhibitions. Don't pretend it's noble or heroic.

13. Typhoon

Typhoon Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    What a surprise. Bernie Sanders' campaign was the main body behind the protest and collaborated with other organizations to form a protest that could have ended in tragedy had Trump not called it off.

I always felt that Sanders and his most loyal devotees ticked me off. Never could fully place it, but now I do. If people think this scarecrow has any chance of getting the nomination after this, they are sadly mistaken :lol:

14. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm still not 100& convinced that you aren't a troll.

---------- Post added 12th Mar 2016 at 08:50 AM ----------

Its not something to be proud of. There is always a peaceful way to handle things.
    Trump has urged his supporters to be violent to protestors before but that doesn't mean we have to act in the same way (unless self defense)

It happened though, and at least I know there is a city full of people who won't settle for bull shit.

15. Typhoon

Typhoon Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm totally not going to sleep at night.

He never urged his supporters to be violent but cautioned his supporters to fight back when protesters were being extremely violent. Yesterday all I saw were liberals being extremely disruptive and violent.

Bernie Sanders is far more politically dangerous than Trump and Cruz ever could be. Why? Because the media and other liberals are very skillfully painting protesters as martyrs and with the past of Bernie Sanders as an activist, his rhetoric is only causing disruption and chaos, but oh, let's pin that on Trump why don't we? Even when the media asked them what they were protesting, they couldn't give a specific answer.

This is an LGBT forum, and LGBT people will largely oppose Trump but I'm stunned that people here not only find that protest acceptable but also applaud it. Even Megyn Kelly, who dislikes Trump admitted that the protest was uncalled for. While the protest was of benefit for Trump, and will boost his ratings even higher, it is beyond foolish to celebrate a potentially deadly protest, but then again I guess Bernie fans couldn't resist the opportunity to vandalize, loot and get into fights. That says a lot.

Guess what people are thinking now? They think Trump saved countless lives by calling it off. In fact he did prevent it from being much uglier than it could have been. The people also know who started the protest, and it wasn't Trump. And people are still surprised why he is winning.

P.S why is anyone getting too excited? Chicago hasn't had a Republican mayor since 1931 and in any case, Obama was supposed to fix the violence in Chicago. Look how that turned out.

16. Plattyrex

I'm not conservative in the slightest and I absolutely hate Donald Trump, but this is so accurate it's almost scary. What happened in Chicago was disgraceful and the people involved should be ashamed of themselves.

#56 Plattyrex, Mar 12, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2016
  17. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  18. onlythebulls13

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I wonder why you used the term animals.... dog whistle politics... black people arent animals, you ught to be ashamed of yourself. So disgraceful. Thats why we protest, to stop scum that call human beings animals, how dare you

It is heroic to stand up to facism, i know you love facism but its not good for the country or anyone.

---------- Post added 12th Mar 2016 at 11:51 AM ----------

And yes he did urge his supporters to be violent to civil disobedience...i know you dont understand civil disobedience, because youre a trump supporter and its widely known that trump supporters are extreme low information voters. But you live in your bubble and hear what you want to hear.

It hysterical how scared trump is of college kids. Hahha what a little boy. If he cant control a crowd of 8000, then how is he going to control the country. Hes a weak leader who cowers away from any confrontation.

If you think that a bunch of college kids are scary, then it just shows how much of a bubble you live in. How youve probably never seen a black person in real life because of how scared you are of young black protesters how are are practing their 1st ammendment right of free speech with civil disobedience. I dont hear anyone talking about all the white trump supporters screaming in the young college kids faces and ripping signs out of their hands, invading their personal space.

Were chicagoans, were not going to let some bigoted trump supporters push us around when all we are doing is protesting, and doing what this country was founded on. The right to speak out against the tyranny of a bunch of undemocratic, oligarchy loving loyalists to hateful rhetoric.

Love how it showed how weak and scared trump is of 18, 19, 20 year olds... what a weak leader

19. Libertino

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Look. This was a clash between supporters and opponents. A clash means that both sides were getting angry, both sides were scuffling. This was not a crowd of angry rabid animal "liberals" with torches and pitchforks saying they'd kill everyone if they held the rally. The protesters were angry and riled up and so were the supporters. Protests often lead to strong reactions. FREEDOM OF SPEECH INCLUDES THE FREEDOM TO PROTEST. It does not include the freedom to threaten violence, but that isn't what happened. Trumps campaign saw how things were getting and decided against the rally. Its unfortunate that it came to that but he chose to do that. He was not forced to do that by "rabid liberals". So cut the crap about this being a one-sided violent assault on peaceful Trump supporters. That's bullshit and you know it.

#59 Libertino, Mar 12, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2016
  20. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm curious as to.how you figured that they were referring to black people as animals when the race of the protestors was not mention once??

Kinky was simply saying the there was a better way to protest than to let it esculate to violence.
    I have seen protest for politics, and I have seen riots for sports related things. I can promise you that it does look like a bunch of animals throwing a party after a while. And that has nothing to do with race because I have seen white, black, Hispanic, Latinos, Asians, etc in those crowd.

Now as for Trump. He likes to poke and egg on minorities and make them feel unsafe. Him you can call racists. No doubt his supporters did nothing to make the situation better, espiecally since he praises them on their violence to his protestors-bonus points if they are minorities. What happen in Chicago is great because it shows Trump that his words have actions, and hateul words will equate to hateful actions. Chicago has always been a city that doesn't take shit and its good to see them living up to it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.