1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are you ready for a relationship?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Joelouis, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Kinky

Kinky Guest

Well I wasn't looking for a relationship. Nor I was actively avoiding it either. To me the best time to have a relationship is when it just happens naturally. You don't rush into it, you just take your time to get to know each other and voila, love happens.

2. Aerin

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've wanted one for a while but always told myself (and others) that I wasn't ready. I'm shy and take a while to open up, and I have insecurity issues. But lately, I've been thinking, who cares if I'm ready or not? I'll probably never be 100% ready. I'll never be 100% perfect or 100% okay with myself.
    So now I'm at the point where I'm like yeah, I'm not perfect and never will be, but I'm not looking for someone who is perfect. Who is to say that I can't be in a loving committed relationship?
    I'm ready to put myself out there and fail dozens of times before finding that someone. But that's okay, because that's life, and none of us know what we are doing anyways!

3. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, my heart and mind are in a conflict, so, I don't know.

4. Aviator182

I've been asking myself this same question a lot lately. It's something that I really want since coming out, but I know I am not ready yet. I am definitely tired of feeling alone, but still scared since it would be my first relationship since coming out. I keep putting other goals ahead of finding someone special. Hopefully soon it will be time to start looking.

5. lovetoomuch

I can't say that I am desperate for a relationship. When I'm in school, I tend to not think about it much. However, when I'm on breaks, I think about it a lot. I want a relationship really bad. I would say I crave it at this point.

Nonetheless, I think about it and it is just not realistic for me now. I don't have time to be focused on a relationship and I would never want to put someone in a situation where we are in a relationship and he feels unappreciated. So, I will just remain alone for now. :bang:

6. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I want a special someone in my life right now, I have since coming out. Speaking of which, I have been in 2 relationships since coming out to myself. But then came the question of 'Am I in the right place in my life to handle a relationship.' The relationships came bearing the question actually. The first relationship was answered with a no. Time passed and I thought I was able to juggle both a relationship and school while focusing on both equally. So I entered my second relationship and the question was answered with a 'no' a second time. Then I thought 'ok...I will not enter another relationship until I graduate school', which is pretty soon. So I think it'll work out if and when I manage to find myself in a relationship.

Being alone has its perks. But I'm the kind of person that would like somebody to share things with and be my side when I accomplish many things. So...eh. That question is kind of tough to answer.

Same. As long as I'm a 'free agent.' My exes (more so my first) will be all over me. So...even though I do want him off my back, I want a relationship at the same time. I hoe this addresses the question. I was unsure what it was asking.

#26 Randy, Mar 11, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
  7. Burnedcloset

i am not ready for a relationship, and deep down I don't even want to care for anyone else other then me right now.

I might want the comfort of having someone to tell me everything will be ok. I'm still not mentally ready for anything like that though.

8. Rowe

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I didn't care whether I was single or not for a while. But then my best friend got a boyfriend. I see them together and they're happy, and now I wish I was dating someone.

9. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've never really wanted one and strongly prefer being alone. Though every now and then I might meet a person special enough to make an exception for, I don't go looking elsewhere if it doesn't work out.

10. timo

I think I could make it work but I'm not actively looking

11. plant

I really want to be in a relationship with someone because I have a fairly large desire for initmacy, and in the future I would like to get married and share my life with someone (very hallmark card, i know)

12. LogicNoSense

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I actually do wanna find that 'special someone'. Maybe cuz right now I have a lot of time on my hands, unlike my friends, so I'm more lonely. When school starts maybe that'll change.

13. Loveislife

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I don't think so. I'd like to have one, but I like to be single at the same time. There is too much commitment that comes along with a relationship if you ask me.

---------- Post added 25th Mar 2016 at 04:14 PM ----------

In short, I guess I would like the perks of a relationship without the downsides that come along with it, lol.

#33 Loveislife, Mar 25, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
  14. penelope

I am so ready, I'm dying to have "someone special" in my life... I feel lonely all the time and it might be because I don't have a lot of LGBT friends (I need more) but I ALSO WANT A REAL GIRLFRIEND

15. HerrinDesFeuers

I miss having a partner. I've never been in a real relationship in which I felt comfortable.

16. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, I believe I am ready for a relationship.

It is not something I try to seek, but I really do want one. However, I'm not close to getting one right now. I don't even have a crush, and even if I did, I'm still terrified of being rejected for being trans. On top of that, I'll be moving away in 3 months to go to University. It might be best that I don't develop something serious here anyway. Once I'll be there, though, I really hope to find someone.

17. EnchanterForest

So have I but it was kinda because I was really insecure about myself and used them to protect myself from others (they also used me to get closer to one of my friends). But ever since I broke up with them I have been single and I am looking for a relationship but I am happy with my single status at the moment as well. Means I get to have fun with out the worries but sometimes I want to be able to talk someone in depth about my problems and listen to theirs as well - you get me?

18. breathoflife

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I think I'd like to have the company of a relationship, like the comfort of having someone that loves me and someone I can come to and just relax with (and of course the more physical reasons hehe) but I just recently went through something kind of traumatic with someone very close to me. She was just using me for her own entertainment and I'm not sure how I'd actually feel having someone wanting to be intimate with me like that again. :icon_redf

I don't know if I would trust them when they said they wanted to be with me.

19. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The only thing I have to say to this question is...

lol

20. Best response. :grin:

---------------

Yeah, I think I'm ready for a relationship now. I have some romantic and cheesy flirts to throw out. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: