1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

whats it like being out?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by europeanguy, Mar 9, 2016.

1. neogaf1000

neogaf1000 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    it feels like freedom

2. KarenLyn

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    UPDATE! We're out to our friends now! It was scary as hell and we did it with t shirts we were wearing... "I love my crazy girlfriend" Went to the mall... met some friends and well now they know. So far it's going okay. Only had one comment that was a little negative and we're surprised there weren't more but we're staying optimistic. How did things to go with you coming out EuropeanGuy? Hope all went well!

3. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    :kiss:
    Indeed it is.

4. SHIELDAgentAlex

Well, it's different for everyone. For me, it was like lifting a giant freakin' weight off my chest. I didn't have to hide anymore, and I could ogle dude's butts and not have to lie about what I was doing :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

In all seriousness, it mostly depends on your area and parents. I hope it was a positive experience for you!(!)

5. Azrael

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    (!)(!)(!)(!)

Congratulations, it must have been hard for you. Just don't lose that positive spirit. I came out sometime ago as gay and I thought it would be the end of all my unhappiness, but clearly it wasn't. Make sure you surround yourself with people who really love you and you really love too. Make sure you keep your self-esteem healthy too.

6. guitar

First of all, congrats to the OP on coming out to your folks and the sheer amount of love you've received from your family. It really is the best feeling in the world, isn't it?

It's really quite liberating. Not having to look over your shoulder when you're on a date or being afraid you'll get discovered looking at a guy, or letting something slip in conversation. Not having to pretend to be into women when your friends egg you on about how hot a girl is.

My parents treat me ~99% the same as they did before. Coming out has enabled me to become closer to my folks because I don't feel like a liar around them anymore with the pretense of my sexuality hanging in the air. My mom loves (loved?) to play matchmaker with girls she knew for me and it was getting tiring. That's all done with.