1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alcohol as a solution

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Azrael, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Azrael

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    To put it frankly, I've never really had an affinity for alcohol. But after some heartbreak, It's been impossible to not drink on a daily basis nowadays because it makes me laugh, even though it doesn't really erase that sense of self-despair and loneliness. Even though I'm in college right now, I still feel my chances of experiencing love or kindness is just the same as high school's. I've tried going to my college's counseling office and they've turned me away and I can't tell my mother that I'm drinking and why I'm drinking because she wouldn't be able to see me the same way as she did.

I know this will take a lot longer to deal with and won't go away easily, but for those who may be going through the same thing or who have gone through this, I want to hear your story. I want to hear it because I want to know what stage of my life I'm in right now.

2. Distant Echo

Can I ask why you were turned away by the counseling office?

3. Azrael

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I was late for one appointment and the counselor wouldn't let me reschedule ever again...