1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would you go to a country where homosexuality is taboo/illegal?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by rudysteiner, Mar 4, 2016.

1. Libertino

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I could visit such a place, but I wouldn't want to live there. Even though I'm not "fully homosexual", I wouldn't want to live in a place where that kind of attitude was the norm. Even the Bible Belt of the United States is going too far for me.

2. lovetoomuch

I think I would visit for a little if I have been dying to go to the place. As others said, I'm visiting there, not living for an extended period of time. However, I would really need to feel a strong desire to visit the place because otherwise I wouldn't want to give money to that country.

3. Foz

Foz Guest

So long as it's not somewhere that it's punishable by death! I'd be more openly romantic than anything in a homophobic country! :lol:

4. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If I am going there alone, then its fine. But if I would be going there with my boyfriend, then no no and no.

I imagined if my boyfriend and I would kiss in a public place in those countries, then there will be three stars above the screen and the police, police cars, police motorcycles, and helicopter will then try to catch us LOL! GTA style!

5. LizSibling13

LizSibling13 Guest

Hell no...I love touring the USA and Canada. Maybe Mexico, but first the UK, France (Jake wants to go to the nude city in France, so do I), Denmark, The Netherlands, Scandinavia and the South Pacific. I already told Jake that our honeymoon will be in either Hawaii or Tahiti.:grin:

I love him so much...(even when I was a 8 year old boy) :kiss:(*hug*)

6. Kinky

Kinky Guest

PDA! :eek:

7. Calf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, I wouldn't visit or live there but there would probably be a whole range of other reasons too.

8. eMei

If I would be endanger by going there, no. I agree with Calf though - there are plenty of reasons not to go some of these places in the Middle East and Africa, aside from LGBT ones.

9. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It wouldn't stop me from traveling to most places. I'd avoid war-zones, more so.

I'd also love to go to Africa, particularly the eastern side, and Madagascar in particular. But I'd love to see Kenya, northern Ethiopia, and all along what's called 'the great rift', as it strikes me the most amazing geological feature of the planet, not to mention the diversity of plant and animal life. They also have the most amazing coffee on earth.

And there are places in Africa where gay rights are improving; Mozambique is one example, just above South Africa, where being homosexuality is no longer illegal, and they have enacted an equal rights in employment law...though no marriage. Still, it's a step in the right direction. And, it should be noted, than even in the US, most states have no laws protecting LGBT people in terms of employment.

But all that aside, my partner and I very much hope to see Madagascar; I'm looking at possibly teaching English there for a year.

10. lemons123

Yeah it depends on the reason.

Going to dictatorship as a tourist? No!

Going there to help people: Yes.

11. Seahawksfan

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nope not me I want the freedom of being accepted which I get here in Canada And if I can't be me then I'd feel like I was fighting myself If I can't be me I will not be visiting that country!

12. I'm_Danni_x

I would not go to a country as a tourist where homosexuality is taboo and/or illegal. If it were for going abroad participating in charities like water aid, donating money, food and resources to developing countries in need such as helping Africa's children, then yeah.

13. bidemi

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Of course i will,i already live in a country where its illegal anyways.
    Some countries are just too lovely too avoid,despite the silly and outdated laws they have.

14. Gaysibling

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have done it a few times ( Iran, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Botswana) but these days I would think twice about spending my money in countries like that. I won't even fly airlines like Emirates these days. I lived in Mauritius for nearly a year, and was surprised, after I had moved back to New Zealand, to find out that technically anal sex between two consenting men is still illegal in Mauritius ( though no one ever gets prosecuted, and my residence permit was granted on the basis of a same gender relationship)

15. Vashta Nerada

Yeah, travel is something that's insanely important to me and I won't let a countries integral bigotry get in the way of my freedom to travel, though from the perspective of supporting a country economically that actively discriminates? I'd be less sure of..Though to be fair, most countries that have what we consider outdated laws have bigger things to spend a tourists money on than anti-gay malitias

16. the haunted

Yes. I'd really like to visit Russia, unfortunately.