1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post-concert depression!!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by RemakeJake, Feb 26, 2016.

1. RemakeJake

I'm shamelessly the biggest Carly Rae Jepsen fan ever, and I met her before the show last night and had a quick chat, got front row seats to her show, and held her hand a few times. The best concert of my life. That being said...

I have a serious post-concert deflation X) I laugh but it feels awful! I know it sounds dramatic but I woke up this morning thinking, what's my purpose now? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: What's there to look forward to? Such an adrenaline letdown! I do have a big trip to Eurovision in two months but for the time being I'm feeling a little sunken in.

Does anyone else have experience with this post-concert deflation of spirit?

2. blueberrykisses

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I know what this is like!! I have been to two Lady Gaga concerts and both times I was so full of adrenaline and then I got home and I'm just like: Oh it's over.

It's understandable you feel deflated, one minute you are talking to your favorite artist and having the time of your life and then a few hours later you are sitting in your bedroom and thinking about how you have to get back to real life, haha.

3. AlexanderDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hah totally. I met Markiplier and Jacksepticeye back in August at PAX Prime (I LOVE them, but that's pretty obvious XD) and we shook hands and then afterwards I was kind of thinking, "You fking idiot, you could have at least asked for a picture." But yeah, it was the best 'high on life' moment I've ever had so far (I'm young, so we'll see), and afterwards, the rest of the day paled in comparison (how cliche, I know.)

But yeah, it was fun.

4. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh god I've had this feeling one too many times. Concerts use to be something I lived for! I would come out on a massive high and then my mood would just crash, a couple times it would last a couple months, not fun to deal with. I've met my favourite band, Papa Roach, twice and going to school the day after just didn't feel like the real world. I was still floating xD It'll stop eventually though, it just sucks that you have to end on a low after such a great night.

5. timo

I'd rather call it 'excitement for the next concert' instead of 'post-concert depression'. I only have this feeling after being at a festival for 3 or 4 days when you really have to adapt to normal life again but after a concert, nah.

Recommendation: get standing tickets next time and DANCE. Sitting at a concert is just no.

6. RemakeJake

It was general admission, so I was standing :slight_smile: it was a little exhausting but I should've specified!

7. eMei

That's so cool you got to see her live!! This is her Gimme Love tour I assume? #justiceforemotion

8. state-champs

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    omfg i know what you mean!!! After i went to the AP Tour to see State Champs, Neck Deep, Knuckle Puck and Like Pacific I felt like I wish it never ended. Shortly after you leave the concert you're still hyped up but a couple days later you realize that your life has to go back to normal. It sucks cuz it's like now what do I do? I don't want to go back to doing what I normally do. It's so boring. It's almost like Cinderella, so I'm going to call it the "Cinderella effect."

9. KorrasamiIsBest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I get this feeling a lot after conventions. Only time will fight it but in the mean time, look at and post pictures of the concert, talk about it with your friends, etc. Get excited for other concerts! The feeling sucks, I know. Especially when at conventions I have to say goodbye again to friends who live overseas. But plan for other concerts, look at pics, it helps a lot I find!

10. RemakeJake

Yessir :slight_smile:

11. aussielefty

Know you know how it is for the musicians/bands etc feel after gig/show!!

I know I'm only small fry with my little duo but after some gigs your just wired or at least on a high, forget about taking drugs! perform on stage and you'll know what I mean!

oh I saw Billy Idol last year and was on such a high afterwards! if i had extra money i could have met him, too much money though.. oh well

12. luke564

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I find this thread really fascinating, I used to play live gigs and woukd meet bands or go to concerts regularly and i would never experience the emotions that are being described.

It really makes me wonder how good some of the concerts were that you guys went to, were they different or somehow more intense than the ones I went to? Maybe it's something to do with particular artists?

It sounds sad that you felt that way though.

13. Ryu

Ryu

Hahahhahahaha! I feel so sorry for you! You're going to eurovision!

And seriously, if your life previously revolved around holding a celebrities hand... Well... You aren't really living your life to its fullest, are you? Go out, do something usefull, anything, get a boyfriend, go hitchiking, get a hobby, go wherever your feet/car takes you, just gobwith the flow and you will find your purpose.

That made sound like a hippie... Drat

14. luke564

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Was this post really necessary?

15. aussielefty