1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone into Punk Rock?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Yato Gami, Feb 23, 2016.

1. GenderSciFi

German punk... try "Baum gepflanzt" by the band Zaunpfahl. Or Schleim-Keim, they were an underground band in the GDR.

:eusa_clap

As for english-speaking punk, I'm totally into The Distillers right now!

#21 GenderSciFi, Apr 8, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
  2. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Social Distortion is my favorite band of all time. I've seen them live 5 times and each one was amazing!

For newer stuff, check out White Reaper. They've got a garage punk sound that reminds me of a cross between The Ramones and The White Stripes.

3. artgayfriend

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Probably I'm not very punk person but I can recomend what I admire when it comes to punk rock music.
    Mentioning about Ramones, The Clash or Sex Pistols will be probably boring now but I don't care. The Album "Pleasant Dreams" by Ramones is as good as their debut in my opinion.
    When it comes to post-punk, I love Against Me! (somebody mentioned it I think). I really adore their lyrics and the voice of Laura too. "True Trans Soul Rebel" is one of the most important albums for me and I also recomend "White Crosses".
    Viet Cong is also pretty good band.
    If somebody is interested in gothic rock/cold wave, I highly recommend Bauhaus and also my slighly new discovery - Lebanon Hanover.

4. SHACH

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I appreciate this list of riot grrrl bands. I've been listening to loads of Bikini Kill but they're the only ones I know.

5. Posthuman666

Yeah. Like a lot.

The Ramones, The Clash, The Damned, Sex Pistols, X Ray Spex, Crass, Bad Brains, Germs, Dead Kennedys, Minor Threat, Black Flag, Misfits, Adolescents, Descendents, GBH, The Casualties, The Exploited, Amebix, Nausea, Cramps, DOA, Discharge, Zero Boys, Subhumans, TSOL, are some of my favorites.

I'm also really into post punk, deathrock, and goth rock so stuff like The Cure, Siousxie and the Banshees, Bauhaus, 45 Grave, etc, etc. But Punk and what came out of it means a lot to me.

6. PrettyinPunk

Very much so, if my username doesn't make it obvious. I love all punk; the old school the newer stuff even pop-punk is cool in my book.

Punk rocker till I die!

7. STM29

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I lean more to the goth and dark electronic side. But I like punk rock too! Die Ärzte, WIZO, ZSK and Feine Sahne Fischfilet are probably some of my favorite german punk bands :slight_smile:

Others than that I really love Anti-Flag and Millencolin :slight_smile:
    Check them out :thumbsup:

8. AmyBee

Yeah, just about anything Riot Grrrl. A lot of the good ones there and in other punk genres have already been mentioned but if you want to try old school Japanese punk with kind of a poppy side try Blue Hearts. Their song Linda Linda is a karaoke staple.