1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I just need a hug

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by kyfry, Feb 21, 2016.

1. kyfry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I havent posted in a while but could really use some cheering up right now.

This past week I lost a family friend. She passed away of old age/natural causes but she had many mental issues.

Two days later one of my childhood family friends passed away of a massive heart attack from being overweight, diabetic, and addiction to heroin. She was only 29.

Today I found out that last night another family friend commited suicide last night. She was in her late 60s but had suffered from depression and a bad back.

I think the last one hurts me the most. The first death I expected. She was old. Nothing out of the ordinary. The second death I expected. She was going down a bad path and I knew this would do it to her. The third one was completely unexpected. I just saw her at New Years and she seemed to be happy. I myself have had mental health issues. To me suicide is never an option. Its a horrible thing. I just wish I could have done something for her.

2. WhoIsKris

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That really sucks and sounds emotionally overwhelming. I'm not sure how to help cheer you up, unless dancing bananas does it for you:

(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)

But I can say that I'm here to listen, and I'm good at virtual hugs:

(*hug*)

And a couple more to save for when you need another:

(*hug*)

(*hug*)

3. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
  4. Systems

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It sounds like an amazingly bad week. (*hug*) Suicide is a particularly hard way to lose someone. I did some research on how people deal with it, and it's particularly hard because the victim is their own killer. Ironically I researched it to learn how to make my suicide less painful, but I've since dropped my plan and established a stronger support network. One important thing to consider is that it isn't your fault, and you didn't do anything wrong. If you knew this would happen you would have done something, but you had no way to know and no way to change this. Even if you thought this might happen, it would be expecting too much of you to have been able to prevent this alone. I wish it were different.

(*hug*)

5. Hachi

Aw man, that really does sound like a tremendously rough week.

Death is and will always be something that feels like it doesn't make any sense to us and just feels painful. It's times like these that I get incredibly envious of animals or the like, who have no real concept of death or what that means. They miss each other when they leave, but they don't really have the capacity to think about the meanings or repercussions of it.

My best and only advice really is to remember that this really is an awful week, and as time passes things will start to level out. Imagine a ripple caused by a pebble in water - you're right at the center and everything is getting shaken up right now. As you go further out, and time passes, the ripples will shake you less.

I always have a hard time with suicide, particularly because I am in the same boat as you as it is not an option for me. All I can offer you is that if her mind really was making her unhappy, she is resting now and at peace. That is a way you can find good in this - she now can rest. And you can keep her memory strong in your mind.

Take some time to yourself, and don't push yourself during this time. Remember that you will be feeling emotionally stressed/crushed for a while, and that it's completely normal and okay. Remember that many other people have gone through this and will go through this. You're going to get through this and everything will look up once again.

6. mychemromance99

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
  7. gaymer4life

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Death is not the end. Remember that.

8. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't know what to say except I'm sorry you had to endure losing three people dear to you. (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*)

9. Emulator

(*hug*)

Blunt truth, but all things come to an end... well at least that's how I get over things like this.

10. kyfry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for the hugs and well wishes everyone. Ive kept myself busy this week at work. It kept my mind off of things. Im doing well with coping with the losses. There lives may have ended but mine moves on.

11. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm sorry to hear of your recent losses. Over the summer, I lost 3 family members in a week, one of those being my mother. It's really hard. For me, I took a couple of days off to mourn and continued life like normal. I knew that those that I lost would not want me to pause my life because of their passing. There are still times when it is hard, but during those times I focus on the good times that I had with them, and not the negative times near the end of their lives. Time has made this all easier though.

12. Innsanchez

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    a Virtual hug from me to you :slight_smile: