1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So confused!

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Alisa Arwen, Feb 20, 2016.

1. Alisa Arwen

I am terribly confused right now about my gender identity.

Over the last few months I have identified as genderfluid or transgender, but now I do not know what to think.

When I see the distress that many trans people go through that lead them to want to change their gender expression, I feel guilty for calling myself trans and feel like a fraud. I know I am identifying less and less with being male and am becoming more feminine. But I do not know what my identity is or what to do about it.

2. Alisa Arwen

Any advice or thoughts???????

3. Alisa Arwen

This is hurtng :frowning2:

4. Spot

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi :slight_smile:

I'll try my best to help although I'm not sure how much advice I can offer. I used to feel similar to how you do, I felt fake when calling myself trans because it seemed like other trans people had it worse than I did. You might've heard this before but there's no such thing as "trans enough", I've been told that you don't need any dysphoria to be trans. We all have different experiences :icon_bigg I don't always feel dysphoria but I still feel comfortable identifying as male. If you feel happy identifying as any gender other than the one you were assigned then you're trans :slight_smile:

Also, if you're unsure about your identity, there are a lot of different labels and maybe you could just do some research and see if any fit. Maybe try different names and pronouns. It might take a little while to find the right one but you should be able to figure it out eventually :grin:

5. Alisa Arwen

I feel awful when I see the pain m y trans friends are in, yet I am ok.

6. Spot

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm sorry you're going through this :frowning2: It is very hard to see others suffering especially when we feel like there is nothing we can do. It's not your fault that you feel less dysphoric than them however, I can understand why you're feeling guilty. I think the best thing you can do is just let them know that you are there for them, offer to talk with them about it and try to help them out if they want. (*hug*)

7. Alisa Arwen

8. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    How much hungry do one has to be to have the right to eat?

9. Innsanchez

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    maybe your just confuse because you're scared about the things that the other trans are facing, so that your mind forced you to think that you're not a trans because you dont like what is happening or how people treat them, but for me if thats the real you, embrace it, its your true persona anyways and if people keep on talking something bad on your back let them do it, besides thats the only thing they can manage to do, to talk behind you!

10. Alisa Arwen

This is not quite it. There is some truth in this though. I do feel afraid that I might not be accepted and that might cause repression. I still do not experience the distress and dysphoria I see in others.

11. Alisa Arwen

Feeling better today.