1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I ask her out for a casual coffee? Scared!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by sapphiregirl, Feb 16, 2016.

1. sapphiregirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    First of all, she's a supervisor at my part time job. She's extremely quiet around me compared to with other people. With everyone else she talks and jokes, but if I walk into the room she goes silent. She blushes a little when we do talk. If I'm near, I often see her play with/fix her hair. She sometimes stumbles on her words if she talks to me and I see her looking at me from a distance. If we walk past each other, she always gives me a really awkward smile and either avoids eye contact completely or looks at me for longer than usual. Also, I have strong reasons to believe she's into girls.

I have the biggest crush on her. So attracted to her. I was thinking of asking her if she wanted to grab a coffee sometime. I know it's kind of dangerous because she's a supervisor, but my gut instinct is telling me she feels something too. Even if she says no, I know from past interactions that she's a genuine person and wouldn't say anything to embarrass me. I was talking to my best friend about it and she said I should do it. Uh, then again, maybe it's a bad idea. What do you think?

#1 sapphiregirl, Feb 16, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
  2. argonaut

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yo, swallow ya nerves and do it! The worst that can happen is it doesn't work out, but if you don't try you never know what could happen. A beautiful relationship could be lurkin'!
    Whatever ya do, good luck!

#2 argonaut, Feb 16, 2016
  3. sapphiregirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian

Aw thank you :slight_smile: I really think I might...
    But what do you think about the whole supervisor thing? Does it matter?

4. argonaut

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well, youre askin' an impulsive person here, and I'll always advocate to follow what ya heart says.

Rationally speaking, if ya really think it's gonna have a bad effect on your job, I'd say don't go for it. But, you said it's a part time job, and even if it wasn't, my heart would still be partial to sayin' go for it. What ya do in your personal life is nobody's business but your own.
    So, I'm gonna stick to my guns on this one and say her position doesn't matter!

Happiness is number one in my book, and I say seize every opportunity ya can, but ultimately, the decision is yours. :icon_wink

#4 argonaut, Feb 16, 2016
  5. idsm

Unless there is a strict, explicit policy in your workplace, I wouldn´t stress it too much. Go get her! :grin:

6. sapphiregirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thank you - you made me feel much better about it :slight_smile: So true. It's nobody else's business. Even if she does say no, I would just put my head down, work, keep things professional and not worry about it.

I might need a bit more time yet, but I will do it!

#6 sapphiregirl, Feb 16, 2016
  7. AAASAS

Don't dip your pen in the company ink, or your taco in the company salsa in your case.

8. confusedbubble

Do it she might be a supervisor but there's something there with the blushed smiles and fixing her hair as already stated its a part time job and what you do in your free time is no one else's concerns.

9. Innsanchez

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    you should, ask her without any hesitation, just show her you have a good and genuine intention.

10. ModernCat

ModernCat Guest

Yeah it sounds like she might be feeling something for you! Go for it

11. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Read your company policy first. It's okay to befriend her, but there might be gossip about you two if others can tell what's happening. Things are a little easier if she's in a different department.

12. sapphiregirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thanks for the replies everyone - I'm still doing a lot of thinking about it but after working with her the other day I think asking her for coffee might be the best thing to do. Just got to find the right moment.