1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Donald Trump is President of the United States

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Robert, Feb 14, 2016.

1. RavenTheRat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    DO YOU REALIZE HOW MUCH THIS THREAD'S TITLE SCARED ME
    I THOUGHT I MISSED SOMETHING AND TRUMP ACTUALLY WON
    I STARTED PACKING MY BAGS FOR CANADA

On a serious note, I think Trump as president would be a disaster. He's sexist, racist, and I'm pretty sure he's not too fond of queer folk either. I accept all people as long as they are good people, no matter what religion they practice, what race they are, or what they identify as. Hell you could identify as a goat and I wouldn't care as long as you're a good person.
    I would never, ever want a president who doesn't feel the same way. I understand the need to control immigration, but Trump takes it WAY, WAY too far. He seems to forget that America is not entirely made up of white people- and a lot of people who do the very hardest jobs that keep our country running aren't white. He forgets what we owe to other cultures and races. I would love to let that bald eagle at him again...

That's my opinion of course. And what do I know, I'm just a dumb teenager, right...

#21 RavenTheRat, Feb 14, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
  2. burg

most of the world think trump and the rest of the clown party are a joke aye .Obama despite what the clowns keep saying was a american leader we respected.

3. Psaurus918

How so? You're the one that made the claim. I know you can't find a source...

4. Libertino

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That which is asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

5. Miko

Well i guess stuff happens

6. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I probably wouldn't care that much if he were to get the election. But Hilary is going to be the next president anyway.

7. theskylitup

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    The thread title made me piss myself for a sec, phew.
    Nothing would ever get accomplished if he were president and the United States would just turn into a joke.

8. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think I've said this before but... Trump is on record as having contempt for Republicans, believing they are stupid and easily influenced.

I think he's trolling the Republican Party, basically a more blatant form of what Romney was trying to do... Tell people whatever they wanted to hear in order to get elected, and then do what he wants.

If you look at his historical record he's a lot more moderate in pretty much all topics. And he's good friends with the Clintons, and met with them for a lengthy meeting just a couple of weeks before he announced his candidacy.

I think there's a good chance it's a sophisticated troll job and if people are dumb enough to elect him, they will be getting a pig in a poke... Someone completely different from who they think they are getting.

But as others have said... The rest of the clown car is really scary.

9. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    My reaction would be "Thank God it's not Cruz"

10. Eye Shine

First of all Typhoon I don't think the majority of Americans think Europeans are a joke and that is very rude by the way. Also the Europeans I have met are very lovely people. I also am with Psaurus918 that since you are providing the claim about your statistics on trump, that you need to provide the source for validity.

On the topic of Trump though. All I can say is I don't trust him at all and he seems like a really bad person in general. He seems very untrustworthy and if he is doing what Chip says about it being a sophisticated troll job, than he is just as untrustworthy as Hillary Clinton's emails. XD

11. DougTheBicycle

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Dude. If this was a joke, it was in poor taste. Completely off topic, and just rude. A majority of Americans think he's a joke, as well.

Unless you cite a specific, peer reviewed survey from a reliable, mostly objective source, I can't believe you. Not that I don't want to. I refuse to believe people who say things without citing a source.

There's a difference between patriotism and hate speech. Saying you think the country has fallen to bits because of immigrants isn't patriotic. It's racist.

Also, Patriotism.

Different does not mean he is good for the job. Not at all. If anyone else said what they think instinctively during a job interview the way he is, nine times out of ten, they wouldn't get it.

Winner.

He vilified himself. If you're not convinced, please refer to the aforementioned 'Winner.'

Wasn't that the logic behind Kony 2012?

12. Typhoon

Typhoon Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I read about it the previous week and but it's not like I saved it up for future references to use as proof of his incoming landslide victory. I monitor his twitter and facebook activity and responses and even that is an early indication. I made the claim because I read about it (and in any case it was to be expected) but if you are so keen to find out about it, you could always look it up because no, I didn't save it.

But I know you're just jealous of my devotion for Trump... [​IMG]

---------- Post added 15th Feb 2016 at 05:50 AM ----------

These days everyone is too easily offended. The journalist bit is when I first starting hearing a lot about him and I don't see anything wrong in that at all - the text sounded much more condemning than what the actual footage showed and in any case Trump was being critical of the journalist's voluntary lack of memory and lightened the mood. Some people really need to stop taking things uber-seriously.

And no he didn't vilify himself. Though he did get plenty of publicity for pretty much every single time he farted. He can't even do his shopping without making the front page. Regarding patriotism I wasn't referring to immigration (dunno where that argument came from), but he loves his country and wants to make it better and is passionate about the whole thing.

Oh and since everyone was harping about some non-existent slur of mine (what did I say about being easily offended) about Europeans, I am European.

13. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    How many people are there in the US? Like, 322,000,000 rounded off to the millionth estimate. Then I'd say there are about, I don't know, 321,999,999 people in the US better suited to lead the country then him. He is a disgraceful bit of scum, the kind of capitalist brat who will kill thousands for any profit big or small and explain it away in the most idiotic way.
    People like him should never even be up for the running, he should not be allowed to stand and publicly preach his racist, sexist, and generally xenophobic right-wing fucking bullshit.

14. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    You'd be surprised. We have worse candidates than him that are actually doing not too bad in the race.

15. Lunarchy

Funny enough, I saw this exact same thing in my home country of Canada. Everyone was afraid that Stephen Harper was going to get again, and continue Canada down a destructive path. Everyone was talking about Stephen Harper, so the media believed her was going to win. Turns out, he lost big time.

Bernie Sanders is going to win the presidential election. Donald Trump will lose for multiple reasons. One of those reasons being Sarah Palin, who costed John McCain the 2008 election. Being a Republican or a Conservative is becoming an increasingly obsolete point of view. Neither Republican's or Conservatives are addressing the problems of today, they are too busy trying to fix things that no one else thinks are broken.

Another reason I don't really like Conservatives or Republican parties, is because they are constantly trying to push religious views or opinions on everybody, even those that don't follow those beliefs. (Of course, that could be said about any political party, but conservatives/republicans are by far the worst offenders) An example of this would be the "banning of oral and anal sex in Michigan." There is no reason for that kind of law, it's simply banning it because it's against the personal beliefs of the people in charge. Truth is, sexual practices are a person's decision. America is supposed to be a free country, but in what way is that freedom?

#35 Lunarchy, Feb 15, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
  16. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You and your friends do *not* constitute a majority of Americans. Google isn't a source. Do you have one or are you just being snarky?

Funny. I see him as extremely cynical and anti-patriotic. He gives not a damn about the country, but cares only for the greater glorification of Trump. And "likable" is entirely in the eye of the beholder.

Canonical quality of a narcissist.

That's *his* story, anyway. Most people are the heroes of their own inner dramas.

And isn't that funny. You don't find out about his ideas because *he* talks about them. *He* speaks utter tripe (wall to keep out Mexicans, need to shut out Muslims). It's only when *others* talk about him that people find out about him and his ideas? Not impressed.

17. MCairo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Lol Typhoon the more I see your support for the Donald the more I think you're trolling us all.

Last time I checked, 60% of Americans view Trump unfavourably
    Trump's Negative Image

18. RavenTheRat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Also, uh, Typhoon, there's a difference between "easily offended" and saying something VERY offensive on behalf of people you gave no say. I would never EVER think Europeans a joke- in fact I'm jealous of them. I wish I lived in Europe. They do so many things right, like paying teachers a decent amount of money in a lot of countries, and their education systems are the best in the world, right after East Asia. And the people there are wonderful.

Also, if 1/5 Americans are voting for Trump, I'm adding that to my list of "Reasons why I'm getting the heck out of America if they don't fix stuff".

AND BESIDES. Donald Trump SAID he opposes marriage equality. I for one, want to be married someday. He has ALSO said he would consider appointing judges to overturn marriage equality. That scares me a lot. Even if he doesn't actually do it, I don't want a president who wouldn't want me or someone like me to get married just because I'm gay.

And yes, I can provide a source for all of the information I just stated.

As an edit, I do respect everyone's opinion. If you want Trump to be president, good for you, you go. I don't HATE anyone who thinks Trump would make a good president. I just dislike Trump himself.

#38 RavenTheRat, Feb 15, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
  19. Psaurus918

I said it right from the beginning he's trolling us. He has absolutely no evidence to back up his claims, then he says stuff like "you're just jealous of my support for Trump" that shows that he's either a troll or has the maturity level of a teenager. Possibly both.

20. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Donald Trump does not have the sense, intelligence or experience to be president however I fear Ted Cruz as president more than anybody else. He is the most bigoted, divisive and untrustworthy out of the whole field. I despise him so much his death would be nothing to me. I know i in past threads that i would never bash someone after they died but in all reality that is how scary Ted Cruz is. Donald Trump would be a crazy president but I could tolerate him over Cruz anyday.