1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

California Gun Owner

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Gabby29, Feb 11, 2016.

1. LiquidSwords

Cool that even post orlando even lgbt americans are still so pro gun ownership. So retarded

2. Justinian20

I see guns only as a tool of war, pistols, assault rifles, shotguns belong on the battlefield. One shot muskets or hunting rifles are fine especially for the US who just get pissed if you suggest strict gun control.

3. Falklands Sheep

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, here's the thing. Gun ownership is a double edge sword. You get lots of unchecked people owning guns, but that also means you can own a gun yourself. Ergo, should some wacko try anything funny with you, you have the means to defend yourself.

But here's the thing, for the most part, the issue is seen in black and white. Either everyone has guns, or nobody does. Problem is, the US does not have the institutional infrastructure to allow for zero gun ownership, like Japan does, but at the same time, it doesn't have it either to allow for 100% gun ownership like Switzerland.

And, of course, nobody can come to an agreement on where the 'sweet spot' in between is.

But anyway, I'm not an american. It's none of my business.

4. OutofZCloset

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I live in California. I own guns. I have in fact apprehended an inturder in my home at 2am 25 years ago. He broke a window and entered my appartment while I was sleeping. Was it not for the breaking glass I might not have woken up. He was unarmed but I was armed with a handgun. I did not kill him although I was prepared to do it and I had every right to do so. Instead I held him at gun point until the police arrived which they did in less then two minutes when I told them via 911 that I was holding an intruder at gun point in my living room. How would the situation have gone down had I not had a gun?...I have no idea. But I am glad that I did. I was 20 years old. That could have changed my life but instead its just a story...because I was the one with the gun. It was not on the front page of the local news paper the next day...instead it was buried on the last page next to a furniture ad.

#24 OutofZCloset, Jun 20, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2016