1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

And now for your "bullshit of the week" moment... a woman who thinks she's a cat.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Chip, Feb 11, 2016.

1. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well holy fuck I better get a collar and some meow mix in that case....

#21 Kasey, Feb 11, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2016
  2. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm surprised she didn't show us her litter box.

3. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This woman needs mental help it seems. I'm not going to take out my frustration on her though, because if she really does have some sort of undiagnosed mental disorder this isn't her fault, and as long as she's not hurting anyone physically then all she needs is the mental help. I am angry however, at all of the conservatives that act as if this is the same thing as transgender individuals go through, and that really grinds my gears and the people on social media that uses people who identify as "otherkin" to delegitimize the struggles trans people face.

4. Brandiac

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You know, it's probably fun and kinky to some to pretend to be animals when you're doing it. At least when it is done to an "acceptable degree", but not this... It's bad for LGBT people, it's bad for furries and it's bad for cats even!

#24 Brandiac, Feb 11, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2016
  5. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There's only one way to find out if she really is a cat...

[​IMG]

6. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

7. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    *scratches ears*

8. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

Yes but, if not this they'd be comparing us with pedophiles or polygamists or whatever other thing is convenient at the time. For people like that, they're just gonna make up reasons to hate us when they cant find any, and we cant fairly blame catwoman here for all of it. If this is how she wants to live I think that's fine however she shouldnt really be getting publicity for it. After all I'm at least 50% cat and you never see me in the news

9. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think you have to put more of the blame on sites like Pink News and others, that go out of their way to find and push stories like this.

It doesn't bother me so much what this person does, if it makes her happy; but the way the the so called LGBT media hypes it up is the larger problem. They seem so eager to say, "Oh, look at this person, even weirder than us! And look how many clicks we get, and how much money we make!"

This was also the case with that 50-some year old Stephanknee woman who anted to be 7 , or whatever; I would have never heard of her, except because of a story in a LGBT 'news' site, and them trying to be all sensational.

#29 HuskyPup, Feb 11, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2016
  10. Foz

Foz Guest

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

11. BobObob

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Delusions are rarely, if ever, harmless. Sometimes the harm is minimal, but very often the harm isn't very obvious.

I have no people saying that they're a cat or whatever for role play. They aren't a problem and should be free to enjoy that role play if that's what they like. But people who seriously believe that they're another creature have issues.

12. thepandaboss

:lol:

But yeah, let me just say this. To be honest, this stuff isn't cute or harmless. I mean, this can have real harm for LGBT people.

Imagine you're a trans kid trying to come out to your parents and then your conservative mother sees stuff like this woman pretending she's a cat. Coming out's really not gonna look well. You remember all the people who say shit like "Well, pfft. If you feel like a woman, what's stopping me from saying I'm a zebra? Do you expect people to tell me how pretty my stripes are?"

No, people look at this kind of stuff and they think we're all delusional. And many of the people who think we're crazy and not legitimate are the same people who influence legislature and how trans people are treated by thousands of people.

There's no real evidence that people can be transspecies or otherkin or whatever. Do you have a cat part of your brain? Can you physically identify as an elf or a six year old girl? No.

13. larkcarmen

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What I find interesting is how much hate she's getting here. You wouldn't expect a community with so much of their own discrimination to hate on another minority community.

14. YinYang

Honestly, I completely agree. Everyone here knows how much hate and rejection this community gets from so many people, but so many of us are doing exactly what homophobes and transphobes and all the other -phobes do to us. What happened to being accepting of everyone, huh?

15. larkcarmen

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, my point exactly. I personally have no problem with otherkin and I actually find it pretty interesting. Love and tolerate, bros.

16. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I have a hard time believing she has better nightvision than regular humans. I also don't think I can buy the ability to "talk in cat".

I feel bad for her.

17. Libertino

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't think it's necessary for LGBT people to check all logic and common sense at the door just because they're part of a minority. Besides, it seems like most of the people reacting negatively in this thread are doing so because of the supposed relationship between people like this and trans people, and although I'm not trans, I can see how the likening might be offensive.

And what about Rachel Dolezal, who claimed to be transracial? I didn't see much support for her from anyone, but surely if "otherkin" are legitimate, then she could've been too.

Anyway, this person doesn't really bother me in the sense that I'm not angered by her existence, but in no way will I ever consider her claim of "transspecies" legitimate--and no one should really care about that but me.

18. larkcarmen

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Really, why should anyone hate on her for this? This is nothing like transgender and it's completely harmless. I don't agree with people being 'transracial' but that doesn't mean I'll hate. I'll simply stay quiet on the matter because no one deserves to be hated for their beliefs if those beliefs aren't harmful to others. What exactly are these people hurting?

19. Libertino

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree--hate isn't a solution, but I don't think anyone here is claiming they hate her for this. They're just saying they don't recognize it as legitimate, which is perfectly okay in my mind (and not the same as hatred).

20. YinYang

Oh, Quinn. If only more people had this view of differing beliefs. But alas, that is not the case.

Also, it's not her fault people associate transpecies with transgender. Why are we hating on the person who did nothing wrong except voice her beliefs? We should be helping to educate people on how this is not the same thing as transgender instead of sitting here whining.