1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wisdom Teeth

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by littleraven, Feb 9, 2016.

1. ConnectedToWall

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm about to have them out. I'm glad I read this because the doctor told me that I could choose to be knocked out cold or just asleep, and after reading this I think I want to go with completely knocked out.

2. egg

egg

Out Status:
    Some people
    i got mine out last month and it was surprisingly so easy..? i thought it was going to be horrifying.
    when i woke up, i was talking soooo much to everyone because of the laughing gas or whatever they gave me, ahaha. and i started singing bohemian rhapsody at the top of my lungs and one of the nurses was trying to get me to stop because she didn't want my gauze to fall out of my mouth. and then when we were leaving, i made a nurse "model walk" me to the car. i was a MESS. and then when i got into the car, i called EVERYONE in my phone and left them really horrifying voicemails, omg.

3. I got two of them removed on December 2015, just beginning of my Winter Break. The oral surgeon was a nice guy. I just got local anesthesia, so it's like any other teeth extraction. The shot was the most painful part, since the surgeon was looking away and telling my mom funny stories about his kids. I could actually feel my eyes watering up and tears running down my face.

Since the teeth were growing sideways, the surgeon had to cut the teeth up into tinier pieces and remove them bit by bit. It wasn't too bad until near the end, because I could feel the saw drilling into my second wisdom tooth and the slight pain that came with it.

Number one tip I should give it to take Tylenol right before the surgery, so it won't be too painful after the procedure. I didn't follow this advice, and it was a dull pain that last for hours and hours. Hurt so bad, that I couldn't even sleep with my mouth closed, since closing my mouth would hurt. Got weird dreams from the codeine though... ROFL

4. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I still have all my wisdom teeth... they're still tucked away nicely... :eusa_doh: