1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dear EC - I'd like to make an apology

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Brandiac, Feb 8, 2016.

1. Brandiac

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well I sure wasn't expecting this when I got up this morning... Yeah, it's been a while. This thing's telling me I haven't logged in since October. Wow it's only been 4 months? Time goes slowly, or it's just that a lot can happen in a short time.

I know this is kind of personal, but making this into a thread, other people could do something like I want to.

I don't think people remember me much, but that's probably for the better. I said a lot of things why I wouldn't want people to remember me here... I have to say I'm sorry for having offended anyone during my activity on this site. I didn't mean to. I used to believe in my strict "moral code" and this led to me often belittling others for how they saw life... I used to bash people because they preferred one-night-stands over a relationship... I used to attempt to tell people to abandon their faith... I called out how not everything should be considered a disorder. I even judged people just because they liked pop music and I didn't. I did all these things even though none of it really effected me. I'm done with this... I realize that it doesn't even matter in the grand scheme of things, nothing does... but still, I don't want to be this person anymore, who does these things... as long as someone understands that my own taste is different, who cares? Who am I to tell anyone what they should do?

Hopefully my apology (which goes out to everyone here) will be accepted, and yeah, sorry about making a thread out of this, but I need to know if it's ok.
    Maybe if you used to do things you've come to regret, and you feel like you want to share it, go ahead :slight_smile:

2. armydude

armydude Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Who cares, you can have whatever opinions you want. Those opinions are also allowed to change. Anyone who gets offended by a stranger on the internet has a problem.

3. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    It's good that you took your time to apologize, OP. If you hurt someone's feelings, apologizing is often a good idea. We all have opinions that someone will feel uncomfortable with, and sometimes it's hard to hold on to those opinions or express them in a manner that won't be offensive. I think we're all guilty of this - I know I am. I'm a real hothead sometimes. I try to like... make sure I'm not in situations where I will get angry, and when I do get angry I try to shut up as much as I can, but sometimes I just kind of snap. But I'm working on it... ^^

4. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That takes a lot of courage to write a post like this, and it does feel good to let all those things go. I can't recall the posts in question, but thanks for posting, it was very sweet of you :slight_smile:

5. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

Wait, youre apologizing for judging people's taste in music? Everyone does that, you're fine.

6. Kinky

Kinky Guest

Well I actually prefer people who are a bit 'judgmental'. They are frank, they don't play political correctness, they're clear about what they like and dislike and they won't be shamed for that. It's refreshing.
    Also, when I looked at this thread, my first thought was 'Who?' :lol:

7. Brandiac

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well thanks everyone, I suppose I'm back then :grin: There have been instances of me expressing strong opinions on things like pride parades as well, condemning them as a whole... the thing that changed is not that I've gone full PC, I just realize that not all of it is bad, and it works, just not really where I live.

The point is that I want to avoid the generalizations in my views, because no two people, places, etc. are the same.

8. Foz

Foz Guest

If you think someone has a rubbish taste in music you have every right to let them know what you think! Seriously, don't let the PC mob police your thoughts and expressions.

9. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    Apology accepted, even though I wasn't offended.