1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Don't know how to approach girls?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by letherbwild2, Feb 2, 2016.

1. letherbwild2

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    An open friend I have recently opened up to told me to go out and try talking to girls to see if I really like it..but the problem is I don't know how to approach someone. The girls or guys that I've talked to have always approached me whether in person or online. I'd rather keep my interaction away from school because I'm not quite sure or ready to tell people..How do I approach girls online or in person without being awkward? :icon_redf

2. biisme

I completely understand your troubles with feeling awkward. Perhaps starting with a situation that lends itself to discussion / meeting people would be easier than just walking up to someone.

For example, are there any LGBT groups in your area that you could join / try out? The benefit there is that there are people there probably experiencing the same feeling. You might meet someone you're interested in there, or maybe just make some new friends.

3. state-champs

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I still don't know how to approach females in person either tbh...But I think it would be a lot easier to join any LGBT groups in the Bay Area if you're interested. I know they have a few in San Francisco, San Jose, Berkeley. So far I've had no luck IRL because I can't tell if a female is straight or not :frowning2:

Here's a link to finding places near you if you're up for that sort of thing. Queerlist: Queer OrganizationsX