1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When did you realise you were LGBT

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Nordland, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Vav

Vav Guest

When I was seven I learned that two women could get married. I knew I found it more appealing than marrying a man. For whatever reason I didn't think that made me strange. I discovered what the word gay meant when I was ten. I had no idea why people were making a big deal out of it. I kind of wondered if I was gay, but I mostly dismissed it. Mostly because no one was making fun of me for being gay. I seriously started considering it when I was twelve. I mostly accepted it when I was fourteen. I tried to come out, but it threw me off when no one believed me. I still feel depressed and confused about my sexuality to this day.

2. blueshadedsoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I clearly remember wondering if I could be a lesbian one specific time, when I was around 8. lol but I didn't seriously start questioning until I was 15/16.

3. PatrickUK

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I started to seriously think I might be gay at the age of 12 or 13, but there were earlier signs actually... maybe as young as 9. By the time I was 15 I definitely realised I was gay, even though full acceptance came some years later.

4. TheBro

Out Status:
    A few people
    At some point last summer, I was reading some random smutty fanfiction when I realized that the idea of that going on with me was just kinda gross, even though the story itself was enjoyable. A couple months later, I found something on tumblr about autochorissexuality and was just like "oh. that seems like me."

5. boogitron

boogitron Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    well ever since i was young i knew i liked boys they are just so big and strong and YUMMY! any way i have a transgender cousin he was the first person i came out to since then i began dating guys i soon realized it was time to come out to my mum and my very close sisters not my dad yet tho.

6. luke564

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hmm this is quite interesting, is there anyone here who would say they realised at a much later age? say maybe 25 or older?

And I'm specifically referring to realising that you might be LGBT - not "accepting".

I know I'm in minority here, but I'm realising stuff very late, and as far as I'm concerned the signs were never there as a kid, I wasn't ignoring them and I'm convinced I wasn't just being naive or stupid about not realising either.

It's hard to wrap my head around it.

7. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Along time ago. Recognising it and accepting it though was a different issue.

Happy days :slight_smile:

8. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    About 15? It was obvious before though :lol:

9. Vortex6699

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Since my first crush, when I was in kindergarten. Though I only decided to embrace it recently.

10. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I started questioning when I was 14 but pushed it out of my mind, then it popped back up at 16 and I pushed it back down again, and finally I put all the pieces together when I was 22.

11. JMB

JMB

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Started young, my earliest memory was when I was 9 I played baseball on an American air base and I, from what I remembered, seriously crushed on my baseball captain who was SO HOT. I could never forget that face. Strange to say at such a young age I was attracted to what was a middle aged man...

Although as I grew older, I noticed I was attracted to girls more and I always had crushes on class mates, ever since my younger years 11-15, I was quite the ladies man! Although these relationships and crushes never lasted longer than a few months at a time and secretly I developed crushes on my male teachers at secondary school! I remember sitting there in such despair, desperate for one of them to notice me, I guess it happens to everyone at some point though!

To this day I'm still not 100% sure I'm gay or bisexual, the circle spins a lot!

12. Nobo

When I was about 13 or 14 I've only accepted it now though

13. Gear2BQueer

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Around last year I had a huge crush on a girl in my class and I was finally like "okay I am not straight", but I've thought about hot girls from my past and I remembered that when I was really young maybe between 6 and 9 there was this girl who was like way older than me probably about 16-18 and I always thought that she was pretty and I would always tried to hang out with her at church. Anyway, I think she might be married now or whatever, and that's about as far back as I can remember about crushes.

14. bidemi

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    it started when i was 12\13.Had a massive crush on a girl in my class.infact i used to dream of her.
    But i was taught that homosexuality is a sin,so i tried to pray the gay away,but it all failed.As the years went on i found myself attracted and falling in love with girls.
    At the 17,i finally accepted myself for who.i am,and now am a whole lot happier

15. Confusedmoose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I knew I was different when I was around 5 or 6, but I don't think I really understood until I was around 12 or so (although I denied the fact until much more recently).

16. TNT

TNT

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'd already discovered girls, so I was probably around 14 when I discovered guys. I remember that there was a magazine called Playgirl which featured pictures of nude men. The magazine came into our house through a friend of my sister's. She was icked out by them and threw them away, but I happy to rescue them.

Playgirl, Playboy (and the other men's magazines)... it hardly mattered to me at the time because I liked them all.

I even like secretly thinking of myself as bisexual... like it was like some kind of superior knowledge, like knowing that masturbation was fun and not disgusting. (Yeah, i believed the people who said, "I'd never do anything like that...")

17. AJ56

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I knew "something" was different about me at around the age of 15 or 16. Of course, I did not understand exactly what that "something" was at the time. I began to question my sexuality when I was finally able to recognize that I had feelings, both sexual and romantic, for other guys. Not only that, I noticed that I had like zero attraction to girls. I thought they were pretty, but that was nothing compared to how a guy made me feel. I was in denial about it for like a year or two. I didn't fully accept myself until just last year when I turned 18. I couldn't be happier.

#57 AJ56, Feb 6, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
  18. guitar

Probably about 23-24 for me. There were a few things around 12-13 that should have sealed the deal as far as my sexuality, but societal expectations, not wanting to be bullied, witnessing all of my friends dating and probably other reasons caused me to repress & ignore my sexuality for probably a decade.

19. MsAnchor

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I used to blame my crushes on raging hormones but my crushes went from normal innocent ones to full blown insomniac obsessive mental tornados which i realized the caused by ignoring my preference and a thirsty need for love

20. ArtsyGeek

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    When I was 12 or 13 can't remember exactly. I had like 3 crushes / "girlfriends" ( Srsly they didnt even last a day.) I never really liked them sexually. I just thought they were pretty. I got really scared when I first time felt something for a hot guy lol. :laugh: