1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm a virgin.

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Funn, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Distant Echo

Ok....look at it this way....virginity is not something that can be taken...it is something you give......

2. Funn

Funn Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, that definitely seems to makes sense to me. Yeah, I could live with that. I mean, I am not going to say that gut-wrenching feeling I have had for the last few hours is gone... but this helps me put it in perspective I guess. Thank you.

I really don't know why this is bothering me so much. I am usually not so dead set on torturing myself about stuff like this.

3. Distant Echo

Just keep it in the back of your head...you'll be fine...

4. Funn

Funn Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Kay, thanks for all your help. I know I can get annoying with my endless questioning. Really, thank you.

5. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Virginity is subjective. The main reason straight people think you have to be penetrated to lose your virginity is because that's the only way reproduction happens. A lot of straight people even think that anal sex still makes you a virgin (again, no reproduction) so the concept would exclude gay men as well. But since gay guys reclaimed it for themselves, I don't see why we can't count whatever we want.

Also virginity is pretty much an old dated concept that was about women being property anyway, since men at the time had no clue whether or not their kids belonged to them otherwise. The hymen was used as an indicator, but these days it means nothing since the hymen can break from non-sexual things.

Being penetrated doesn't hurt as long as you get aroused enough first, so just take your time. But if you don't want to be penetrated, you can still consider yourself a non-virgin.

6. Funn

Funn Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you for taking the time to write that. I see what you mean about the idea of virginity being more useful in the past.

I personally think of it as like...hmm... this is tough to describe. Well, whatever it is, my virginity is very important to me. Even if it is only an idea.

Yeah I am just not sure if I could ever let someone actually do that to me. I don't know if its because I am a very small person, or maybe I am just sensitive, but it just seems like it would not bring me any pleasure. I don't know. Maybe when it is someone really special, it won't seem so scary.

7. someUser9

not sure if it might contribute much from male perspective

physical virginity never felt like anything special to me and after my first physical relaitionships i didnt feel anything special about it or different.

I felt that I was not a virgin anymore after maturing a bit, and after several physical intercourses. When I knew what I want, how I want it, from whom I want it and actually acquiring it. For me virginity was more of a psychological thing.

So in my opinion, from my perspective from what you say you are a virgin. But I guess the important part is what do you think a virginity is? How do you perceive virginity.

8. Funn

Funn Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am definitely happy to have a male perspective. And that is helpful, thank you.