1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Attraction or just wishful thinking?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by TheDudeAbides11, Jan 21, 2016.

1. TheDudeAbides11

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I've been attracted to one of my coworkers for about two months. Due to my uncertainty about his sexuality and my social anxiety/general awkwardness I've been unable to approach him. However his recent behavior leads me to think he might return my feelings. About 2 weeks ago we passed each other in the hall and we locked eyes for a moment. I quickly looked down due to nervousness and walk away quickly. I figured that killed any chance I had with him because he probably thinks I'm some sort of weirdo. But ever since then I noticed him around my department a lot more. Before he rarely ever came by but now he's there 2-3 times almost everyday. He'll either stand around for awhile looking at stuff near me or make an unnecessary detour when he's heading to his department. Is this a sign that he wishes to start a conversation or am I just over analyzing it?

2. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello,

Perhaps you could start a conversation with him? Even if he doesn't want to, if he's around a lot you could just say "Hey, I see you around her a lot, having a good day?''

3. NateC7

Just talk to the guy. Make small conversation, actually befriend him. I know this will be difficult because of your social anxiety, but consider this: He doesn't seem to be avoiding you. If he hasn't said anything hurtful to you or shown any sign of dislike towards you then you're probably safe just talking to him.

If it helps, have back up. Bring a book, or a topic that's been circulating around work lately (one that you're comfortable discussing), or anything that shows you have a reason for wanting to talk to him. That is to say, if you don't want your only reason to just be simply because you wanted to talk to him.

I hope this helps some :slight_smile:

4. TheDudeAbides11

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks for the advice guys! I'll try my best to start a conversation next time I see him.