1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hiding facial hair for MTF

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Alisa Arwen, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Alisa Arwen

Any advice on how to conceal facial hair?

I remember finding some good information about it in a thread here once, but I cannot find it now.

THanks.

2. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello,

You could try putting on foundation, or shave if you can.

3. Alisa Arwen

I do both but it does not quite do the trick.

4. Alisa Arwen

Someone mentioned a particular kind of makeup I think?

5. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You need a heavy foundation that fills in pores that exist even after the closest shave ever. Google it. Applying it followed by a light powder coat to blend with your skin tone is the basics you need to learn.

6. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A liquid foundation/concealer mix?
    I have an above average amount of facial hair and it works for me sometimes, in addition to waxing.

Waxing is also a lot cleaner and it lasts longer, but it's painful and the first time I did it my face blew up for a whole week with swollen areas and acne.

7. oh my god I

I would say a matte primer (this wll reduce the amount lf light your skin reflects), a full coverage foundation and then concealer as needed. IIRC, I heard you would want to choose orange tones (for the concealer) to offset the blue of beard shadow

#7 oh my god I, Jan 21, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
  8. Jiramanau

Out Status:
    Some people
    Shave, apply primer, bronzer or concealer and a full coverage foundation, I recommend Mac. Covering facial hair is tough so buy good makeup. Good makeup looks better, is easier to apply and lasts longer. Passing is about looking your best so you don't want eyeliner or lipstick that needs to be applied 3 times a day.

9. Stacy in MA

As oh my god I said, you can use orange/red to counteract the blue/black of beard shadow. One way to do this is to take a matte red/orange lipstick (So Chaud by MAC works for me) and dot the areas you want to cover up. Next, work it in with your fingertips until the beard area is evenly covered - be careful not to use too much, or to apply it to non beard areas, as it can show through your foundation. You then put your foundation on over it. There are orange based concealers, and stage make up (labeled as beard cover) as well, but I have actually had better luck with the lipstick trick. Best of luck!

10. Isa

Isa

Hi!

Blue neutralizer is the way to go! Oh, and shave really close. Apply the neutralizer before anything else, and it covers it up quite nicely. Other than that I have tried the orange/red lipstick trick. It works really well too.

I never feel that I get a result I am 100% happy with so I mostly go around hating my visible stubble until I can get it permanently removed.... But that is probably just me being self aware and silly. I hate facial hair.