1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused about 'getting turned on'

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by NateC7, Jan 21, 2016.

1. NateC7

Okay so this just recently occurred to me and I asked a friend. When you get turned on it's in both the abdominal area and the chest area which means sexually and emotionally, respectively. Having said that I've only really been having a feeling in the chest area when I get turned on, not the abdominal area (I'm sorry if that's not the right word, please correct me on that).

So what exactly does that mean? I'm really confused.

2. Riz

Riz

I feel like this too, and thought it was something wrong with me for so long.
    I now identify as demisexual/asexual because I wanna be close, but not sexually close. The emotional attraction doesn't stretch as far as wanting more personally.

That could be different to you though? Just giving a input to give you perspective, or something

3. NateC7

Well you could be right in the demisexual part but I still have a stronger preference for girls. Is there a word for a lesbian demisexual or is that just it? Or maybe it's demisexual homoromantic...im still not sure.

#3 NateC7, Jan 21, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
  4. Riz

Riz

Your romantic attraction can be separate. I'm panromantic (romantically attracted to any gender identity) but I'm demisexual as a sexual orientation.

So I think you're right with the homoromantic demisexual label.

Don't get too stuck on labels though, but it's helps when explaining to a future partner.

5. NateC7

All right. Thanks for helping me out :slight_smile:

6. Riz

Riz

No worries!
    Please write to me if you ever wanna talk. It can sometimes be rough to be Demi- or asexual in a very sexualized world, especially if you feel a strong emotional attraction anyway.