1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I tell my best friend?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Gay1234, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Gay1234

Should I tell my best friend who knows I'm gay, that I have a crush on him? Like I'm not expecting a relationship or anything and my friend took the fact th at I'm gay very well and didn't even show any bit of uncomfortable. Please help

#1 Gay1234, Jan 20, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
  2. NateC7

Are you sure you really have a crush on him or is it just admiration for him being your best friend? Ask yourself that first. Also if your feelings aren't that strong I wouldn't bother telling him. Just my thoughts.

3. Gay1234

Thanks ks for your reply. Maybe your right. Because I only recently developed feelings for him but my real crush I remain to have a crush on him for three years. I have a new question. I'm thinking of telling him I like him because my my bro and my friend thinks he is gay but doesn't want to admit it. But the last time I talked to him about something like this he showed the whole class and I didn't want him to. I really like him and want him to know I like him but I'm worried he'll do this again. What do you think? How would I tell him if I want to? Thanks if I don't get good replies on this thread I'll make another one.

4. NateC7

Well telling the whole class when you didn't want him is kind of a dick move. Maybe you should ask him to promise not to tell the whole class or something before you say anything. Additionally, maybe tell him that when he went and told the whole class that time you didn't like it. If he's your best friend, he'll understand that he made you uncomfortable and he won't do it again.

5. Gay1234

No you read it wrong I told the whole class and they were all OK including him. It's just that I asked him something personal and he showed the lads. I want the class to k ow and I told them

6. NateC7

Well again, tell him that sharing something personal isn't something you want him telling other people. It's basic respect, honestly.

7. Gay1234

So you think I should tell him once he keeps it to himself? I forgot to add that I liked him for three years and even saw him top less and uhm a penis impression. I know it was cheeky. Well I like everything about him. I like the way his behaviour besides this incident and I like his looks and body shape.

#7 Gay1234, Jan 20, 2016
  8. NateC7

I mean tell him that it is not okay to share something personal that you told him with other people. Once he understands that, and once he's promised not to share your personal things with anyone, then you can tell him.

9. Gay1234

Ok thank ks for the advice. Your a great person to talk to.

#9 Gay1234, Jan 20, 2016
  10. NateC7

Glad I could help :slight_smile: And good luck!

11. Gay1234

Uhm I just noticed I already asked him not to tell the others before and he obviously didn't listen

12. FoxEars

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'd be more careful next time you tell him something. Trust is a key aspect in friendship, make sure that he DEFINITELY won't give anything away the next time you tell him something. Make him promise, or bring up the last time he broke your trust so that he knows that it's wrong to do so.

13. Gay1234

Ya good idea. Thank to Nate and FoxEars

14. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had a crush on a friend who I thought was gay or at least bi, but I didn't tell him. I figured if I was wrong, I might jeopardize the friendship and I didn't want to do that. When I came out to him he was totally fine but later during the conversation said something about being unsuccessful trying to find a girlfriend, and that's when I knew I was going to keep quiet about the crush. We're still friends.