1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can I find my gender?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by StoryFanatic, Jan 19, 2016.

1. StoryFanatic

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    As of right now I identify as agender. But there's something inside me that wants a gender. I'm identifying as agender so I can let myself try to find who I really am. Sometimes I feel like a girl, like when people call me cute or small or something of that kind. Then I also feel like a guy at times, like when I'm around certain girls and when I see couples of any kind. Even in my own relationship I fluctuate in what gender I feel like. One moment I feel like a girl, another I feel like a guy, and sometimes I feel like neither.

When I sexually fantasize about being with a girl I feel more dominant and more times than most I see myself as a guy. When I see myself with a guy I feel like a girl but there's that part of me that wants to be a gay guy with that person. Then with my boyfriend I see myself as the girl, but for the past few days I've been seeing myself with him as a guy. I don't know what gender I am anymore even if I am one. What do you suggest I do to help me figure out which fits me?

#1 StoryFanatic, Jan 19, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
  2. demigodjay

That's a really hard thing to answer over this forum. What I suggest is a gender therapist. They can give you a firmer diagnosis. You could be gender fluid, demigirl/boy, or a lot of other possibilities. Sorry if this wasn't much help.

3. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member Away

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    #3 Hawk, Jan 19, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
  4. StoryFanatic

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thank you all for your help, it was indeed helpful. I may just go see a gender therapist. Have a nice day.

5. MeiMei

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Nowadays, there are many labels that you could use to name what you feel, but I'm not sure. Also, I don't want to look like a know-it-all, because I don't. I have some suggestions of some labels you should search in order to "discover" who you are:

- Genderqueer: they basically aren't girls or boys, something in between.
    - Gender fluid: It's under the genderqueer umbrella but anyways. It's when sometimes you feel like a girl and sometimes you feel like a boy, sometimes you feel like you're in between. Not necessarily because of a certain situation, but because they just feel that way. It also has nothing to do with genitalia or this kind of stuff.
    - Demigender (even though I can see in your profile you may identify as such): people who feel like they partially identify with the gender they were assigned at birth.

There are much more labels, I just don't know all of them. I suggest you stop for a moment and think about how you really see yourself. What do you think you really are? And also search for more "labels" under the genderqueer umbrella, if you want to name your gender.

I hope this was useful!