1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transgenders- How do you feel about your body?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Linus, Jan 17, 2016.

?

How do you feel about your body?

1. Completely comfortable with it and/or physically transitioned

3 vote(s)
    4.8%
  2. T'is the bane of my existence. :(

20 vote(s)
    32.3%
  3. I just try to ignore it tbh.

16 vote(s)
    25.8%
  4. It mildly irritates me.

23 vote(s)
    37.1%
  1. Linus

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So yeah, A lot of transgender's are uncomfortable with their body... but surely there's some who aren't, right? Post how you feel below.

2. TheRealTheaJane

I'm not actually that bad with my body tbh... I mean it's the wrong shape and covered in hair, but it's till my body. Plus, silver linings and all, there's always something useful (Don't have to carry bras when backpacking, for example).

Just.. it bugs me, but it's not a 24/7 worry. Thanks for the poll! =^.^=

3. noname8387

maybe you cold have separated Completely comfortable with it and physically transitioned so it would be more useful

4. Linus

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah I should've sorry. But it is and/or, so both can use it. I've just noticed that A lot of people who post in here are pre-trans physically, so I thought I'd blend those two. But you're right. I should've made them separate. Idk if I can change that now.

5. MissMook

There's a lot I would like to change about it, but I don't have that option at the moment.

I've somehow managed to live with this body for 25 whole years though, so what's a couple more? *shrugs*

6. oh my god I

Sorry this is unrelated to the topic but I just wanted to say transgender is not a noun... :x

7. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think about it too much. A lot of my physical dysphoria can be ignored. But when I do think about it, or when I think about the possibility of it being like this forever, it's awful. Can't stand it. Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of things I like about my body. I've got nice eyes, good hair, I like my face although I wish it were more masculine. But talking about the parts that make me dysphoric, they are the worst, and I can't wait to be able to change them.

8. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Bane of my existence *sigh*

9. DRex

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm questioning and will put myself down as "it mildly irritates me."

I don't really have a problem with it the way it is. It works alright for me, but I'd still like some things to be different.

I never liked my body hair, but now that I regularly shave it all off I feel a lot better. It's still annoying that I have to keep shaving it back every day though. I wish it was all gone and I could just have soft, smooth skin forever.

As it stands, I have a very nice voice for a guy, but I really miss my old singing voice from middle school that got up to the soprano range.

I don't get uncomfortable looking at it in the mirror, but I've really always wished I had breasts. When I do...things...to myself, I always wind up wishing things were bigger and more sensitive up there. I've actually tried a lot of techniques over the years to make myself look and feel like I have breasts. Kind of like a lot of trans guys on here started by binding except in reverse, come to think of it.

My genitals don't bother me and I don't have any plans to get rid of them. I still don't like it if I'm presenting female and something is showing under my outfit though.

#9 DRex, Jan 17, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2016
  10. lettuce

When I present as female I'm happy my body. I can emphasize my feminine features and it makes me feel like I actually do have a female body. I'm not totally comfortable yet but hopefully my hormones can feminize me a little more.

Presenting as a male is a lot worse. Almost all of my male clothes aren't flattering on me at all and I can't help but notice everything that's still masculine about me. It might be almost entirely psychological, but I'd be happy just staying away from guy clothes until I'm more confident with my identity.

In general, I'm optimistic about my body. I don't really want it to stay the way it is, but I've been making a lot of progress and I feel like I can be comfortable in my own body if I just give myself time.

11. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Some days are better than others.

Sometimes I forget that I'm trans and barely notice my body. Other times it's crippling and it just depresses me horribly to know it's unlikely that I'll be able to get access to certain kinds of transition materials.

In general, as a whole these days now that I'm less than three weeks away from my one year on T mark, I'm eh about my body. I wouldn't say I'm in a dissociative relationship with myself, but it's the only way I could describe it. I don't recognize myself some of the time, so seeing my chest and everything else is foreign to me.

12. Acuteprince

i have to look at it every day but serious i don't know about you but i see some thing different i like that something different i just want to pull it out already :rolle::rolle::rolle:

13. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It mildly irritates me, but for the most part I'm okay with it. I view it as a male body with a female twist.

14. oh my god I

my reply on topic-- I have a really bad relationship to my body. I don't know what is about being trans and what isn't. I think I have BDD. I look different depending on my mood. I also have a completely unrealistic expectation of what gender I look like. But, even when I was 10 years old living as a boy, I struggled intensely with my body image. So I don't know if it's abt being trans or not. But I hate my body even worse living as a girl. I always feel ugly no matter how hard I try. I only see the flaws. I want to love my body but for some reason I don't. I feel like a creature compared to a cis girl who doesn't even look much different than me. ugh. I'm not saying these things are true I just can't help the feelings.

But things about being trans.. My voice, skin, bits of facial hair, my nose, the bottom situation.. I can't handle even thinking about it. I just want to disappear sometimes ;_; I wish I could afford surgeries I guess? Idk. I just wish I could get over it. Even when people think I'm pretty or hot I don't want them to look at me too much.

#14 oh my god I, Jan 18, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2016
  15. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I just can't stand it. There is a huge difference between myself and the body I'm occupying, and it didn't get better as I expected during my teenager years, but worse.

The only time I don't feel like shit is when someone points out that I have broad shoulders for my size, or big hands, which are seen as masculine, but it's just a temporary good feeling... There are mirrors everywhere.

16. Reciprocal

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's just another inconvenience really. I can live with it, but it's not what I'd prefer.

17. skyequartz

Out Status:
    A few people
    It bothers me daily to the point of not wanting to include myself in any activities. I get into a high level of depression where I don't want to get up from bed and do anything. I constantly feel like nothing's going to get better and that I'll be stuck in my current body. The only thing that's really been helping me is binding and working out. It helps me cope with my negative feelings and gives me a sense of working towards the body I dream of.

18. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, I will also have to add that transgender is an adjective and not a noun, but back on topic.

I don't care much anymore, since my dysphoria is mostly social (already taken care of) and the body dysphoria I had was related to hormone related stuff.

Since I started taking T, I don't really have a problem anymore. Sure, I would like to have a penis and stuff, but it doesn't bother me that much.

19. Anastaisa_Lynn_14

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    yeah lol.. its a adjective... sorry u got stuck with the two grammar nazis lol
    i just try to ignore my parts, but i still get dysphoric sometimess, and often i forget about having the parts because im usualy to busy with school to worry about it

20. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Nowadays I'm on a high dose of meds to keep me calm. Before that I had a period when I was in a really bad state...

I mostly have bottom dysphoria... although I have top dysphoria as well, but mostly less acute... and voice and stuff, everything...
    I voted "Bane of my existence", it was closest.