1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bisexual concerns

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Ljjgood25016, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Ljjgood25016

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have a few concerns about my sexuality. I am confused about my sexuality. I've felt attracted to both makes and females. I'm 19. I go to a community college. This issue is really bothering me. I would consider myself to be bisexual, but a lot if people believe that bisexuals don't exist.

I hear that the majority of women don't want to be with an openly bisexual make. I even found out that even bisexual women don't want to be with a bisexual male. I find women and men to be attractive. I don't want to live a DL lifestyle. I want to be honest with any potential partners that I have in the future.

Even gays make fun of, insult, and disrespect bisexuals.

I really want to keep this short.

I still (kinda) want a romantic life. I still (kinda) want a sex life. I'm still a virgin.

It hurts to know that the majority of women aren't going to want to be with me. I know J might sound selfish. Am I being selfish?

How do you deal with bisexual erasure? How do you deal with the challenges and issued of being bisexual?

2. Stick123

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    haha man you kind of sound like me.

I'm very much attracted to women and have come to terms that I am somewhat attracted to men as well.

It's hard, but you have to let go of constantly thinking about your sexuality. Dont over analyze your feelings of attraction. Let them come and go. Dont make a big deal out of them. Then other people wont make a big deal out of them.

3. hispanicninja9

Hello!
    I want to keep this short too, it's very late here haha.
    But well, about your concerns. No, you don't sound selfish by saying that the majority of women wouldn't want to be with you. I don't know if that's true actually. I know women who wouldn't care and women who actually see bisexuality in a guy as something attractive. I think that biphobia(well, not actually biphobia, but that feeling of not wanting to be with a guy because he's bisexual) is more proper in other guys. I think that's something dumb. But hey, I guess there are guys who don't think that way and find it attractive/neutral too. There is people for everything.
    Not thinking bisexuality is real? Well, think about all the genders that seem new, like demi-girl, demi-boy, non binaries, etc. Most of people don't think they're real genders. Does that make them not real? And I'm just mentioning the ones that seem real to me. There are some genders that I personally think will disappear in a couple of years because they are something that looks edgy or cool now. But that people will keep thinking those genders are real. Does that makes them any less real? As long as they think so, I think they are. At least for the time they decide it. And bisexuality happens to be a sexuality that has a history and a lot of people who recognize it. Hell, even the LGBT acronym has a B for bisexuals. Other sexualities don't even have that. So what if a lot of people still believe it's not real? It's awesome.
    Why do you say you "kinda" want a romantic and a sex life?
    However, you don't have to feel like you have to decide your sexuality now. Different people have differents ideas of what some concepts mean. One of this concepts is bisexuality. Some people think that if you don't feel sexually attracted to both males and females you're not actually bisexual, and some people think that that's not a requirement. I myself am having a break of "being" bisexual(I did it for 4 years) because I want to reformulate that question and feel like I don't need to meet any expectation for a while. In fact, I recommend you to check the definition of biromantic, monoromantic panromantic pansexual etc now, because you might feel like one of those labels fits you better.
    Bye (*hug*)

4. Libra Neko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Just letting you know that I'm female and I like bisexuality in men.

5. SusanBee

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Just setting the record straight: Bisexuality is most certainly very real! For the rest of your post--It sounds like you're still questioning...give yourself some time to figure things out and I would definitely try dating men AND women--it might help you clarify your feelings...

6. Willa

First off, I want you to know that your identity as a bisexual person is completely valid.

Second, anyone who does not respect your identity as a bisexual person does not deserve your time, your attention, your love, or your physical intimacy.

My favorite argument against bisexual erasure is as follows:
    Bisexual people are like sofa-beds.
    It's a sofa, and it's a bed.
    When it's folded up and being used as a sofa, it's still a sofa-bed.
    When it's folded out and being used as a bed, it's still a sofa-bed.
    It's relation to the room does not change what it is.

You are bisexual when you are with a woman, and you are bisexual when you are with a man.

I know it seems hard right now, but you will find your corner of the queer community where you are surrounded by people who love and support you for who you are. And you will find love. It just may take awhile to wade through the sea of self-hating conservative queers and fake feminists to find your people. Coming here and talking to people is a good start. This is one of the most inclusive communities I've ever been a part of, and I've been in a lot of them, and started a few as well.

Good luck, my friend.