1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Animal Crossing series

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by ModernCat, Jan 16, 2016.

1. ModernCat

ModernCat Guest

Anyone played the series and liked it? I've played Wild World and currently playing the first in the series.

I have lots to talk about the first edition, how it's so different from Wild world, and how big their map is.....
    I would love to play New Leaf. If only I had 3ds!!

What's your experience?

2. Xeno

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've played Wild World a few years ago, but I remember not caring about the animals and was more focused on fishing/bug catching/digging to fill the museum. I think I got the museum half full before my mom sold it. :dry:

3. Bismuth

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I was addicted to the GameCube version, I would get out at six in the morning and play it un the evening. My older brother had a cockroach for sale at 99,999 bells. Good times. My one gripe was that you had to play every day or else your villagers would bitch about the weeds.

#3 Bismuth, Jan 20, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
  4. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I like it! I've played all the ones since the GameCube one. I feel like its a game that you can't play all the time, because once you do the first few initial things, there is not a lot to do each day.

If you like Wild World, you'll definitely like New Leaf! IMHO, Wild World was the weakest game in the series. I mean, no city,no main street and like one holiday :/

5. killswitch0029

I've played the Gamecube one, Wild World, and New Leaf. New Leaf is personally my favorite out of all of em. So much easier to get the perfect town rating

6. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm a big fan of the Animal Crossing games, and have played the first two. Of the two, Wild World definitely provides more to two, and I like the ability to write letters to yourself that arrive a year later. I got one and it was so cool to put myself back in the moment when I wrote that letter. The only thing annoying thing is when a villager you get close to ditches you or when the weeds grow out of control if you haven't picked it up in a while as Bismuth said.

When I finally get a 3ds next month, the 3ds one will be among the first games I get.

7. Lone Dragon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I played the gamecube one immensely as a kid. Trying to complete the museum was my favorite part, and paying off my house and getting the rewards for doing so. I remember I would always change the time, dates, etc. just to get the cash and gifts. Oh good times.

Animal Crossing: City Folk was okay. There was more to do as the game branched out, but after a while it gets kind of tedious and the rewards aren't anything special.

The New Leaf game is a fun game and surprising a lot to do and see. I would totally recommend it!

The series in general reminds me of a kid’s style of the sims.

8. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Huh, I was hoping this was a game about cross-breeding animals, to create new species!

Does anyone know if there's a game like that? (preferably where at least some of the animals are cute)

9. GayPugs

I LOVE ANIMAL CROSSING!!! In New Leaf I send sexy letters to Eunice!

10. Yato Gami

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've played Wild World (huh good old times, bringing the ds to primary school and playing with literally everyone), Let's go to the city (it was great in comparison to Wild World, but I didn't have any friends on it and didn't really play that often) and right now I'm playing New Leaf, which is great. There are so many things to do and so mang holidays and it's much easier to get money and a friend of mine plays it too. :slight_smile:

11. Gallium

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I bought New Leaf for 20,000 pesos (6.60 dollars), but the real price was your soul. That was the only thing I played for months, but then I did everything I could in that season, so I decided to leave it. I know that if I play it again, I will become an addict again.

12. eMei

Animal Crossing is one of those games that I get really into for a few weeks at a time, then loose interest, then get back into. I've played all of the English versions and can definitely say that New Leaf is by far the best: I love my cute little town and my ostriches <3

13. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Playing Animal Crossing was once described to me as like "living in The Prisoner". Most of you will be too young to get that reference, but take it from me - it's hilarious and true.

I love the handheld versions. They absorb my entire life.

14. Xochipilli

Animal Crossing always brings back sweet memories. :love:
    I used to play the GameCube version with my cousins all the time. We would fight over who had dibs on the town oranges because we were all poor and really wanted to sell them to bastard Nook.
    And I had a villager named Bitty who was a bitch hippo that laughed at me when I got stung by bees. :lol:
    I also own Wild World, City Folk and New Leaf, but the magic isn't there like it was with the GameCube version.

#14 Xochipilli, Jan 21, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2016