1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I just need someone to listen.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by FoxEars, Jan 16, 2016.

1. FoxEars

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    They don't do well with professional sources of help, and their mum knows. I've told them that they mean the world to me and that I can't lose them. All they've really said is "I'm fine". I'm still worried sick about them, but can't do much until I get to school.

2. magic

Ok thats not the best then if they dont do well with professional help. Some times people have to see a few different psychologists to find one that they get on with and trust enough for it to help.

Its really good that their mum knows about it all. Its also really good that you have told them how much they mean to you.

I can hear you are feeling helpless as you cant do much until you get back to school but I would say that you are doing a lot already by the sounds of it.

3. FoxEars

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Sometimes it's just easier to speak to close friends than strangers, especially if the strangers are adults.
    They've been a little better today, though they are still in pain after trying to kill themselves. Thanks for your support.

4. magic

That makes sense but at the same time psychologists are taught how to quickly make it feel like they arent a stranger anymore. Its really strange, i went to see one and i was so nervous but i just told them everything it was weird.

Its really good that they are doing better. May I ask how they attempted? Im only asking because if they are still in pain thats not really a good sign.

5. FoxEars

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'd rather not say, as this is still private to them even though you have no idea of whom this is

6. magic

Of course I understand. Do you know that they are safe though? Like if the pain could mean anything quite bad happened? If it does it would be best for them to talk to someone about it.

7. FoxEars

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I know what they did to themselves, and it's really bad. They've seen a doctor (not sure if this was at the hospital or an infirmary) and he said that the pain should gradually decrease to nothing after two-three days.

8. magic

Oh thats not good. I hope that they are feeling better soon. Its really good that they went to see a doctor to make sure everything was ok which im guessing shows that they want to get better which is really good.