1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To Trans Guys worried about femininity:

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by DreamerBoy17, Jan 12, 2016.

1. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're just as valid as anyone else! So long as you feel that you're a guy inside and out, you are valid. You are male.

I was thinking about my own femininity lately. I love scented body lotion from Bath and Body Works, fuzzy things, and cute animals. But you know what? When I look in the mirror with my cupcake footie pajamas, I see a guy staring back at me. A cuddly and cute guy, I might add. Femininity bothers me mainly when I'm trying to pass. And I still have severe body and social dysphoria. I much prefer guy clothes and things of that manner to girl's clothes, but it's the small things I enjoy that could make someone feel "not trans enough".

Well guys? You're trans enough. Don't doubt yourself. Remember, we were raised and socialized female for most of our lives, some of it is bound to stick. Take solace in your identities. :slight_smile:
    (And it's been put on the site before, but uppercaseCHASE1 has a great video on trans enough)

2. Taylor16

Taylor16 Guest

I love starbucks and cute animals...but am 100% dude. Every guy has to do something slightly un-dudely.

Righttttt?

Loved your post :slight_smile:

#2 Taylor16, Jan 12, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2016
  3. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good for you, enjoying what you like.

My hobbies don't define my gender. I do. I'm neutral with this masculine/feminine thing.

At this stage, if someone has a problem with me being a trans guy, then they will learn some respect or get lost :grin:

I used to think "I'm not masculine enough to be a guy" and obviously that's stupid because there are so many types of cis guys. One medical professional even said "You have one foot in the male camp and the other foot in the female camp" and it annoyed me.

4. setnyx

plenty of macho cis males love cute animals & some pretty things.

5. DougTheBicycle

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Man, I'm 6'2". I weigh 230ish lbs, I box, and I am generally pretty large. I used to drive a pickup truck, I have at least five different pairs of different types of boots (including cowboy, welding, and just black leather), I have knives, swords, and a gun.

I also enjoy knitting, singing, Rom-Coms (Gerard Butler in P.S. I Love You....oh jesus yes...), kittens, puppies, opera, and sometimes I need to be cuddled and held (it's awkward for J to be the big spoon, but she does it anyway.)

The idea that certain 'genders' should behave and look a certain way is bullshit. Tell people who you are, and then be that. If they have a problem, fuck 'em, you don't need that in your life.

6. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like cute emoji pillows and stuff animals, and I fangirl/boy so hard at my ships.
    Also have several 'girly' fears.

But for ever fem thing about me I can find a cis guy who has one or two. Why I love when I find cis males who personality is close to my own

---------- Post added 12th Jan 2016 at 08:29 AM ----------

Idk which I love more; your post, your username, or your sig xD

7. Riz

Riz

I grew up being a typical boy, but started to embrace feminine things and clothes in my teens.
    Nowadays I'm a happy mix and are proud of my pastel interior and toy collecting.

I just wish that when I go out in a outfit that include a skirt, feeling manly as h*ll that others would see me as such too. Sadly not.
    Maybe one day?

8. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Hopefully one day! <3

9. GuessFree

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well am frustrated.Kind of have this girlishness in me which i get mocked about in school. I wish i have graduated long time ago in Jerusalem.:icon_sad:

10. misplacedaegyo

The thing that annoys me the most are my very, very small feet. I use a European size 36 - 37 and even the people who *think* I'm a girl mock me about it. I know there's nothing I can do about it ever, and that it doesn't really have anything to do with how feminine I am as a person, but I just really hate it. And it's like.. a small thing that's gonna make it super difficult for me to pass. I have accepted that I'm quite the delicate boy (I'm a flower boy haha), but the small feet I'm stuck with really annoy the crap out of me.

And thank you for this post! You're awesome okay. Always making positive and nice posts. (*hug*)

#10 misplacedaegyo, Jan 12, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2016
  11. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Aren't we trying to buck the antiquated gender stereotypes for everyone, not just trans people? Keep it up.

12. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people

I have this problem too. Most of the time I wear a size 7 men's is US sizes. It's impossible to find shoes half the time. I've just learned to ignore the people who.say things about it. It's not like we can control out shoe size after all.

13. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd kill for a men's 7 (women's 8-9).

14. Riz

Riz

I have 35-36 so I know this problem very well, as an addition to being short (150cm) it just makes it so hard to pass...
    Though I've noticed that as the years go by, and if you try and walk with confidence in your steps. People doesn't notice your feet are small until you say something about your size! Just try and ignore it (even if it's hard) and it'll be fine.
    Try and look from the bright size, you can buy awesome looking asian shoes without a problem!

15. Lacybi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I actually came in here now to conplain about that! I'm a EU 39 or UK 6-7 and all my (male) friends were that size when they were 11. I'm fifteen. I also hate how much smaller I am, I'm 164cm tall (5'4 I think) and all my friends are taller than me, guy or girl. My male cousin keeps teasing me because he grew like a foot in a month and he's taller than me now and I'm older by a couple of years. It's so frustrating because even if I manage to flatten my abundant chest and lower my voice I'm still shorter and curvier than a cis guy. I know I'm not the only one who suffers with this but it's just so frustrating.

16. DRex

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    On the flip side, one thing I've been trying to get over in terms of exploring my own identity is how typically "masculine" my interests are. I'm not really into sports, but things like video and tabletop gaming, action scenes in movies, etc. really do interest me, and I really don't care too much for fashion and pretty clothing, makeup, etc.

I remind myself that there are plenty of cis women who feel the same way; for instance, there is a girl who attends Pathfinder Society sessions with me occasionally. She dresses androgynously and talks just as loudly and irreverently as any of the guys present there, and yet nobody thinks of her as a guy.

While admittedly I'm still not certain of my identity, to reject the possibility on the basis of interests would be wrong.

17. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I stopped worrying about that ages ago :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

It's always nice to see how EC is such an accepting place. There are too many trans people out there who put down others for their gender expression.

I like to have long hair. It doesn't make me less of a guy. I also like pink (depending of the shade) and purple because they're nice colors. I buy the weirdest clothing x) I don't mind saying that someone/something is cute. Even then, I don't consider myself feminine :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Anyone who says to some other trans person that they are ''not trans enough'' is not worth anyone's time. We don't leave a box to be restricted into another, right? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

18. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I actually wear a men's 8.5 -nervous laugh-

19. WhereWeWere

WhereWeWere Guest

Embrace the small feet, man. Small feet tend to have different bone structures than larger feet, which can possibly enable you to run faster.

Those people will be sorry for mocking you when the zombie apocalypse comes around.

20. jenben

I like stuffed toys as well and I will sail my ships to the end of the earth with pride. :grin:
    And just like you said, I've come to realise that there are plenty of cis guys that enjoy/do the same "feminine" things.