1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Straight guys that fancy butch woman

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by dreamer2891, Jan 7, 2016.

1. dreamer2891

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've never come across this - but have to assume in the wonderful rainbow universe - Straight guys who are attracted to butch woman - and I mean butch lesbian butch. They'd still be hetro but that would be their 'type' of woman, but They could also be pan/queer within that!

I suppose their might be a lot of stigma for a straight lad to come out with such a preference... in a similar way to guys that prefer larger woman - theirs a lot of peer pressure and judgement from other males - who would question their sexuality if their girlfriends looked more like boyfriends

also I've never come across it the other way - within the lesbian community, the butch lesbians are usually definitely 100% gay - Ive never met a butch bisexual woman - I'm sure their out their - just never come across it!

I've met plenty of masculine straight woman in my time - but usually its the behaviour - they still dress femme to a degree!

I'm also not talking about ftm trans guys who are gay and fancy guys - I'm talking butch woman who like being women - and butch - but who do still like men!

discuss!

2. Vav

Vav Guest

I've never met any guys who like butch women, but I have met butchy bisexuals. They mentioned getting dates with guys, so I assume they're out there.

3. silent symphony

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I can tell you right now that as a lesbian male, I am attracted to butch women. There are certainly people out there like me who don't identify as heterosexual men, but do like lesbian and bisexual women. And yes there are bisexual butch women out there.

When it comes to social stigma... yeah, that's an issue. I am only out to my parents because the confusion and associated explanation can take a while, even with people who are accepting.

Lesbian men (and women who like gay men) get intolerance from both the LGBTQ+ community and from the straight community, as the LGBTQ+ community sees them as straight (or repressed transgender with transphobia) and the straight community sees them as "other" in their heteronormative worldview.

So while I can't say anything directly about Heterosexual men who like lesbian women, I can say that there are men out there who consider themselves lesbian, and are attracted to women as such.

4. silent symphony

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I can tell you right now that as a lesbian male, I am attracted to butch women. There are certainly people out there like me who don't identify as heterosexual men, but do like lesbian and bisexual women. And yes there are bisexual butch women out there.

When it comes to social stigma... yeah, that's an issue. I am only out to my parents because the confusion and associated explanation can take a while, even with people who are accepting.

Lesbian men (and women who like gay men) get intolerance from both the LGBTQ+ community and from the straight community, as the LGBTQ+ community sees them as straight (or repressed transgender with transphobia) and the straight community sees them as "other" in their heteronormative worldview.

So while I can't say anything directly about Heterosexual men who like lesbian women, I can say that there are men out there who consider themselves lesbian, and are attracted to women as such.

5. MidnightBarber

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Hi, I know this is a bit of a late reply but I just signed up to say heya, I'm a heterosexual butch female. I haven't always been comfortable with being butch. I like most people associate it with being a man or being a lesbian. I started being "feminine" around age 18. It made me unhappy to the point I was almost convinced I must be a transgender man. I have only just been able to accept myself as a hetero butch female at age 30.

#5 MidnightBarber, Oct 10, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
    Goldenarm likes this.
  6. 108

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm somewhere in the bisexual spectrum and adore butch women.

7. Cinis

Cinis Guest

Bisexual butch here....so yes we exist.

There are extremely few straight guys that are into butch women specifically (and those have the problem that most butches happen to be lesbians)
    Then there's a fair amount of straight men that is into butch women as well as feminine ones. In this case most guys don't go with a butch girl because it's seen as de-masculizing.

So...even though I am bi with equal attraction to both I tend to go more to the lesbian side of things as the likelihood of people being into me there is a lot higher. Should I ever be with a guy it's probably a chance meeting...but who knows...

---------- Post added 11th Oct 2016 at 11:30 AM ----------

So if you're looking for guys that are the likeliest open to a butch-man relationship Bi guys are definitely the most open candidates.

8. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I exist too! I identify more as androgynous, but some people think I'm a dude from time to time :wink: Still, I do dress femme to a degree. Though it's not the look that repels a lot of men, it's the behaviour. It doesn't really matter how I dress, it's the same. I'd say it's somehow better if I dress more "consistent" with my behaviour, because I bahave like a dude one way or the other, and I'm strong like a man one way or the other, and then I find the right guys. But I'm not like... ultra butch, as I said. The bi guy I dated wasn't the most open one, lol. He seemed put off by my quite brutal hobbies. A lot of men feel intimidated. It requires a special kind of perversion :wink:

---------- Post added 13th Oct 2016 at 09:21 AM ----------

Lol, I'm myself mostly into androgynous men.

IdiotCobra likes this.
  9. beenthrdonetht

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    When I go for girls, they are more the athletic assertive type. Not quite butch, but in the direction. Of course this means they often have to politely let me know they (only) like girls.

Goldenarm likes this.
  10. Shorthaul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I like butch, granted I'm not straight so maybe it doesn't count lol. The couple women who are butch that I have known and liked, all had a pretty high level of confidence. Confidence is pretty attractive no matter the gender, again probably not helping.

11. SHACH

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm not butch per say. I love masculine things and wear mens clothes but I'm never gonna be mistaken for a guy from a long distance away or anything. Have bouncy curly shoulder length hair and can be a bit of an excitable puppy lol.

Anyway, I just find my love of masculinity and expression of it and how good that makes me feel, puts me off guys a lot. I always feel awkward with the way guys interested in me treat me. Not like it's bad it just makes me feel awkward to be like the sorta protected one and such. And to be the receiver. I dunno there could be other reasons for this but that definitely makes me feel weird.

12. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    They're out there, but... not too common, and usually like a balance of butch and femme, or butch is only one of the many types of women they're into. Perhaps on some level it's biological, since these men are also traditionally masculine, wish to do the pursuing, take charge, and look for someone who is the opposite, basically.

13. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't mind being submissive, but a lot of guys do mind. I'd say I'm quite dominant, and it has to happen at some point that I dominate him. Other women are much more manipulative about it.

14. nicecoolguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm a bi/queer guy who leans more towards attraction to women, and I have realized recently just how attracted I am to butch women.

15. Goldenarm

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a straight guy who is attracted to both butch & androgynous women.....i have many times politely of course " i only like women"

16. notaprincess06

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm a bisexual woman who is quite androgynous/genderqueer. I exclusively wear "men's" clothing and have a simple short haircut with more masculine perceived mannerisms. I don't know if I'm straight up butch but I guess soft butch.
    Sadly in my country I am yet to meet a man who is into that and certainly none of the guys I was attracted to even saw me a valid sexual being, which is pretty dehumanizing tbh.
    Thing is, as I have said elsewhere, in the end clothes are gendered by society not biology so anyone who identifies as a woman to any extent is a woman regardless of the clothes.

gravechild likes this.
  17. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have heard of plenty of guys who dig chicks who are more masculine. There is someone out there for everyone.

18. Lexa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a BF and I'm the one with the more masculine energy in the relationship... I've always been drawn to feminine men myself (and women). But the masculinity is in my behaviour, and not necessarily in the way I look.

19. Zarda

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people

20. Zarda

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am very attracted to masculine or butch women as well as gender fluid my ex wife is butch but she finally said she was gay and we divorced.my hope is to be in a relationship with a butch.gender fluid, androgynous woman.i must say i am some what questioning my sexuality i dont think i am bi sexual as i don't find biological males attractive but i do find that masculinity in women my preference.i myself don't feel as i am male,since i was a child i had the feelings of being female but i have never pursued gender reassignment. I could see myself in a relationship with a woman who identifys as male but not a bio male