1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bi gender... surgery?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by dreamer2891, Jan 6, 2016.

1. dreamer2891

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Sorry this is just me being curious and a question I wondered but never asked the right people...

So theres gender realignment surgery... and i know with a mtf the penis is used to create the vagina or the penis is removed (excuse my ignorance if I'm takling bull)

But has anyone every wanted to have BOTH genitals i.e. to effectively become a hermaphrodite

i.e. a biological man wants a vagina but wants to keep his functioning penis? I know there's potentially 'room' down there to fit it all in- in a mtf case anyway.

apologies if this comes across as offensive - its just something I've never heard of happening - but imagine COULD happen.

2. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes. Maybe not legally for those born male, but there is.

For natal females, there's a type of metoidioplasty (mostly for FTMs, but a bigender person could get it as well) where they either just release the clitoris from the hood or construct a phallus from the labia but leave the vagina, which could give a lot of bigender people the anatomy they need.

For natal males, I don't think there's currently any legal surgery, but some of them certainly get back alley types of surgery.

3. Lazuri

Yeah, there are methods in both directions, but you pretty much end up with two sets of genitals that don't really work. Wouldn't recommend it personally.

4. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I wish my girlfriend had this. I love her vagina, but she has phantom limb penis and wants a penis so badly. And, being the eager to please person that I am, it would turn me on so much to give her that pleasure. A woman with a penis... Hell yeah! (I'm weird) >.>

5. Duane

Duane Guest

I thought I was the only person who would like to have/ be both. I have always, since a very young age, I wanted to be a boy sometimes, but also liked being a girl. Wished that I could take gender off and on like clothes, that probably sounds really weird. And that is something no one knows about, except maybe the girl that I played with when she and I was around 7 years old (she is lost to me don't know what happened to her), I would steal my brothers underwear and wish I could pee like a boy and wished I had a penis.

6. Irisviel

I would be really surprised to find out how to make a vagina without crippling the penis. The "available space" between your anus and penis... well just google the anatomy or touch yourself. Member is internally longer than what sticks out, lol.

And even if you found a space to carve out a hole there without preventing your penis to work properly, said hole would receive no stimulation.

All google says is that you can get what looks like labia from your testes, no penetration nor stimulation, just an aesthetic thing. So... not really a double genital set.

It is really only possible for FtM and even then it is technically using parts of the vagina for a penis and leaving the ability to be penetrated intact. So biologically speaking it is still one organ, split into two functional bits.

#6 Irisviel, Jan 6, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
  7. Lazuri

I know there's a procedure that creates a vagina by tapping into your rectum in some way. It's been out of practice for a long time, though--I assume you'd only be able to get it done somewhere where medical supervision is a lot more lax and hence risky.

8. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    They're mostly pretty illegal back alley types of surgery, though I'm pretty sure it's doable, with questionable results. As baconpox said, the options are better and more legal for dfab people.

It's definitely a problem that these things don't exist, and that there is really no effort to make them happen because there is such little acceptance for people with bigender bottom dysphoria. Conservatives think they're making it up and the far left calls them intersex fetishists.

9. DRex

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm kind of doing that now. I'm presenting male in public for the most part, but I go to events at the local LGBT center as a trans female.

I'm not sure where I'll eventually fall out though. I don't know if doing this forever is really the best idea; trying to maintain a dual identity like this is probably going to cause issues as time goes on. But at the moment I believe it's necessary to actually experience both perspectives in order to figure out what my gender identity really is.

#9 DRex, Jan 8, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2016
  10. Cailan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Resurrecting an old thread... yes, this is me. I would love to have both, or to be able to switch between a penis and vagina regularly.

11. Cailan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just discovered a surgery that does preserve the functional vagina and reproductive system, and provides a (small) penis. It's not functional for penetration in most cases, but is functional for oral sex and in some cases the urethra can be rerouted through it in a second surgery. Testicle implants are optional.

Simple Metoidioplasty | Dr. Marci Bowers M.D. | Female to Male

12. Just Jess

I'm essentially this right now; I've had my testes removed because it's a lot more affordable and realistic an option for me than vaginoplasty. Ask me anything.