1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay anal topping with condom - HIV risk from shit stained lube on bottom bit of dick

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by YaraNunchuck, Jan 3, 2016.

1. YaraNunchuck

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sorry sort of gross post coming up.

So I topped my boyfriend - HIV neg to my knowledge, but we always play safe - the day before yesterday. I wore a condom throughout but after a while there was a smell and, upon withdrawal, the condom was an inch unrolled from the base. No biggie, I thought, but it turned out he had sh** the bed. I had been applying lube pretty constantly throughout our having sex. After I carefully unrolled the condom, I realised by genital area still smelled bad - I wiped the bottom half of my shaft but the residue on the tissue was Santorum like brown lube. My pubic hair was also covered with poo smelling lube.

Has anyone had this happen to them? An accident where despite condom use part of the penis becomes stained with shitty lube?

The tip was completely covered throughout, as well as all or most of my penis. I also tested the condom afterwards and it was intact and unbroken. I didn't think there was an HIV risk but now I'm wondering...

2. AKTodd

Re: Gay anal topping with condom - HIV risk from shit stained lube on bottom bit of d

You can't contract HIV from external contact such as against your skin. Assuming you had no cuts, scraps, or sores on your penis or in the area, you're fine.

Todd

3. Re: Gay anal topping with condom - HIV risk from shit stained lube on bottom bit of d

Are both of you HIV Negative? if so, then you can't possibly get hiv from your boyfriend that's also only true if both of you are in a monogamous relationship.

4. YaraNunchuck

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Re: Gay anal topping with condom - HIV risk from shit stained lube on bottom bit of d

I don't know he's HIV negative. He's strongly implied that he's negative for everything by a lot of what he says and does, but we've never sat down and had the talk. Hence why we used condoms except (non ejaculatory) oral (I'm a little worried about HPV, but the general consensus on this site and in the real world is that it is wearing condoms for oral is unenforceable).

Thanks for the reply, AKTodd. I'd be interested to hear from people who've had a similar experience...

5. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

So let's clarify a bit here to ensure the right information is shared.

First, to be precise, the above statement isn't exactly true when we're talking about penis-to-anus contact, and potential exposure of HIV or blood or bodily fluid to the skin covering the penile shaft. This is because the friction to the shaft can cause microabrasions and tears through which the virus can penetrate fairly easily. (This is why even people with no sores or cuts on their penis can contract HIV from topping someone.) That's why the condom is important.

On to the specific issue here: The risk here is pretty much nonexistent, in part because whatever abrasion would otherwise happen between the skin of the penis and the anus has mostly been absorbed by the condom, so it's very unlikely that there's much abrasion to the skin of the penis shaft. Additionally, feces are not considered a high-risk source of HIV both because levels of the virus present in feces are very low to begin with, and some of the biochemical wastes of the feces are toxic to the virus. This is not a situation I would worry about.

6. Gen

Gen

I agree with the above posters on the potentially for contracting an STI in that manner.

With that being said, it definitely sounds as though you both need to become more comfortable and upfront with one another on the subject of sexual hygiene. It is only an awkward topic between lovers for as long as the topic is avoided. There is much more preparation and self-awareness that needs to go into anal sex than other forms of sexual activity. This is not even because of the fact that we don't often want to be confronted with feces rather because of the various infection hazards that can arise from being reckless when it comes to sexual hygiene. Infections are a result of sexual activity are infinitely more common than transmitted diseases.

Frequently having to remove the sheets, staining mattresses, and potentially contracting UTI's or harmful bacteria will always be far more embarrassing then simply starting the conversation of sexual hygiene with your partner to begin with.

7. middleGay

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people

I wouldn't worry at all, you have essentially zero risk. However, please have the talk. It's not embarrassing it's just having an adult conversation. Personally, I would go and buy a couple of HIV testing kits from the pharmacy, test both of you. Breathe a sigh of relief when you are both negative and now you can both not worry, assuming you are monogamous. If you aren't, you are at least more aware and open about your current status and make the appropriate decisions. Not worth messing around with. Just do it.

8. YaraNunchuck

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people

Just to update:

I had a rapid RNA test at twelve days out from the incident. The results came back a few days ago and it was negative. Really quite relieved. I know it wasn't a big risk but I did read somewhere that anal mucus can contain a lot of HIV virions.

I had a full panel, standard set of STD tests a few weeks before that which also came back clear.

I'm more aware now that putting on the condom correctly is only half of safer sex. It's also about making sure it stays on, and avoiding messy accidents!