1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want a hug.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Nick123, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Nick123

Planet Earth (More specifically in Greece)
    Hello,

My name is Nick. I am 14 and in a couple of months i'll become 15. 2015 was my worst year in my life because i realized that i'm gay, a friend of mine died and also signs of depression appeared. Little by little i tried to accept my sexual orientation. When i was finally accept it other acceptance problems appeared (Like body image etc).

I was just searching for Gay Couples Kissing in pinterest. I felt alone because i want to have a boyfriend or just a Gay friend that can understand me, give me a hug or just tell me everything gonna be alright. I already came out to my best friend and a couple other friends but all of them are straight. I talk a little bit more about "Gay" things with my best friend but it seems that he doesn't like talking about this topic. I thought going to local LGBT+ support groups but first there are no LGBT groups in my town and second if we had LGBT+ groups no one in my age would go. (*I live in Greece)

I just want someone to talk about all these strange things you realize when you are gay.
    Any ideas where i can find someone???

Thank you,
    Nick

2. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC! This can be a great place to talk through what's on your mind and meet other people all over the world who are going through the same thing as you.

What you're experiencing is very common. It took me awhile to finally come out to myself, and then when I did I went through the "oh crap, now what?" phase when a lot of other issues came up. I got through them, and EC played a part in that.

(*hug*)

3. Nick123

You see the problem is that everything hit me so fast. I am just sitting here alone in front of my computer screen and wondering if i 'll found someone someday. All my friends will have a love to remember from their teenage years. Me? Nothing yet :frowning2: I don't know any gay people. it's so hard for me.

---------- Post added 3rd Jan 2016 at 10:50 PM ----------

I don't want someone just to have sex or things like that. I want someone to love him to love him real. Just someone that i can trust, someone i can see the stars with him, someone i can kiss. I had 1 - 2 previous relationships with girls but i felt empty. I just look around me and watching people kissing, hugging and i just think i will be like that someday?

#3 Nick123, Jan 3, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2016
  4. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You've got plenty of time to find someone--you've even got plenty of time before you're not a teenager anymore. I didn't come out until I was 26. At 14, not that many people are fully aware of their sexuality and out yet, so it makes sense that you don't know anyone else who's out. But that will change. Be patient with yourself. You've made a huge move in coming out to yourself, and everything else will fall into place from there.

5. Ram90

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was once there where you are now. I discovered my sexuality, my preferences and about sex all at once! And I'm still in that same homophobic environment 10 years later.

One thing you should never lose is hope. I'm still holding onto the hope that I can move out from here into a supportive, pro LGBT+ environment and have a healthy relationship with a great guy. Positivity helps with half the problem. :slight_smile:

I feel I'm almost close to my goals. I know I will move out maybe this year or next year and I will be that closer to my wish. I'm sure you'll find the strength to do so in the future too. Till then just have patience and keep talking to people here on EC. It's a great place with wonderful members who give you support. (*hug*)

6. Natasha Elyssa

7. Linus

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people

I get you. I mean, I don't; not really, because there are plenty of gay people where I'm from tbh. But I'm still lonely. And I know what you mean, by things happening too fast. Life throws a fast ball sometimes. It sucks. And my advice for you? Hang tight. Keep exploring the internet, and finding places like EC. Find friends, even if they're not gay. A lot of people are LGBT+, actually. And a lot of them are closeted. So there's probably some people in your community that are, even if you don't know it; even if they don't know it.

And you matter. By this I mean, the person who started this thread---Matters, for just that reason, as well as so many more. Asking for help is the first step to getting what you want, and becoming stronger. You're stronger than you know. Stronger than you think you are. And if you keep thinking about how strong you are, it becomes a paradox, and you become infinitely strong. :slight_smile:

I'll look at the stars tonight, and think of you.(*hug*)

#7 Linus, Jan 3, 2016
  8. Nick123

OMG, that's so sweet and so helpful. Thank you :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 4th Jan 2016 at 01:14 AM ----------

(*hug*)

---------- Post added 4th Jan 2016 at 01:15 AM ----------

I'll do my best thank you for your advises :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 4th Jan 2016 at 01:17 AM ----------

Yeah i believe it because i knew it that the hardest person to come out will be myself and then my parents etc. I'll try to think positive that i will find someone but this f*****g "depression" can't leave me alone. Anyway thank you :slight_smile:

#8 Nick123, Jan 3, 2016
  9. Linus

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    One more thing; For your depression. It's a serious thing, and definitely shouldn't be put off, or delegitimatized. Find help for it, and it will make things better in general.

I've learned a few helpful tips for dealing with depression myself. So see if this helps you at all.

Something that might help you is learning to identify cognitive distortions, which basically means> What is realistic thinking, and what is not? So instead of thinking in terms good and bad/black and white> For example, body image, think of everything as a gray zone. Heck, you could think of things in a rainbow zone, if that helps. You're not ugly. Nobody is, we just think people are, because we live in a world of comparison. And I'd be willing to bet that someone thinks you look real nice. So the next time you catch yourself thinking negative thoughts, try to rationalize them, and use evidence to see if things are as bad as you might believe, or not.

Idk, I hope that helps. Try to focus on the good things in life. Smile. :slight_smile:
    Things will get better. People will say that a lot; and it's hard to believe until things actually do. It might not be smooth, and it might not be immediate, but life does get better, if you want it to, and if you're willing to try.
    We're all here for you.

#9 Linus, Jan 3, 2016
  10. Nick123

I am trying but i think you know that seeing colors inside of a black and white filter is very hard. I'll try to remove the filter but this not gonna be easy. This i think is the main reason i want someone because if i give him my love and i got love back it will help a lot. Anyway as i said before i'll do my best. Thank you for everything Linus :slight_smile: .

11. setnyx

(*hug*)(&&&)i understand your feelings & you are not alone.

12. Nick123

(*hug*)

13. GayPugs

This might get me kicked off this site, but I'm too young for any LGBT groups in my area, too. It sucks. I don't know anyone else who is lesbian/gay even my own girlfriend is only bi. My parents don't understand WHY and I keep trying to tell them, "Generally, fawn pugs hang out with fawn pugs and black pugs hang out with black pugs. I just want to be around more black pugs like me." Don't worry, things will get easier. If you ever want to chat, you know where to find me!

14. Nick123

Thanks :slight_smile: Btw I'm jealous of you because you have a girlfriend :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: . Anyway thanks for the support :slight_smile:

15. Goblinn

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Aww here's a hug! (*hug*)

16. Nick123

(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)

17. Mariana

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I thought that quote is so important I actually registered on this site to say so :icon_bigg
    Linus is right, if you're feeling depressed, try to remember that everything may not be as bad as it seems. Especially when it comes to friends and family. Depression can be really serious and should you ever feel like you're not loved, try to remember that that's not true. I don't know you, but I am 100% sure that there is always someone in your life who loves you.

About finding a boyfriend, I agree with the others - there's plenty of time. I know the feeling of wanting to be with someone and to give my love to someone, but sometimes we just have to be patient, even if it sucks.

18. Nick123

First of all welcome :slight_smile:. Thank you for your help (*hug*). You guys helping me a lot thank you. Now about my depression thing. Everything started when i realized that i'm gay. I understand that i have to think positive and things like that and i am trying. About the boyfriend. I don't know how i can explain this but they are strange feelings (or a mix of feelings in one). I am afraid if i ever find someone. If he will love me back. If i am nice enough things like that. I want to find someone because i want to give him love. I see all my friends and other people holding hands each other, kissing, hugging and i feel strange :icon_redf , i feel a little bit scared and anxious for the reasons i explained.

#18 Nick123, Jan 4, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
  19. Methrandir

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    What I do is try to talk to trusted friends and realise that being gay is not in any way wrong or immoral.

20. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

Hey just take it slow and relax. We're all here for you, and I know it's really hard with the depression, but even when it's hard know that you're not alone. You're friends may not be LGBT+ or understand very well but I'm sure they care about you. And of course we're all here for you too<3 Like Linus said, you have more strength in you than you realize.

I went through a time when I was jealous and felt left out when my friends were all in relationships and it seemed so easy for them. It made me really sad, especially since back then I thought I was straight. But you know what? I got through that. In fact I'm okay that it was like that for me because it made me realize the important things. You have yourself, you have your inner strength. That's important and I think it's better to find someone you really like when you're on your own path rather than searching hard for someone to give your love to because that's what you want right now. Try to focus on your other goals too, because that's equally, if not much more important:slight_smile:
    Sometimes we just have to learn how to work with the cards we're dealt and that can hard sometimes, but that's what you're doing. It's not easy feeling lonely, and realizing something so big like that, but you've come to this site to help yourself which is great! You're doing yourself a huge favor by helping yourself like this!
    And when I'm feeling stuck in all of this I just remember to feel thankful. Maybe it's not super easy, but it's really a wonderful thing that I've discovered my sexuality. Not a lot of people can say that at your age. It's like you're ahead! Not only that but this whole experience, working on accepting yourself and everything that comes with it, it may not be easy in the beginning, but it will only make you a stronger person in the end and you'll learn a lot about yourself, just like you already have.
    It may feel like there aren't a lot of LGBT+ people but a lot of people, especially right now are still closeted or haven't even figured it out yet.

You'll find someone along the way, but don't make that your main goal because I find that can contribute to depression. Make sure you focus on goals for yourself more like what career you'd like to do someday, or even things like getting better at something you enjoy doing. Helping and accepting yourself more could be a goal.
    It will get easier in time when you get more used to it and remember that you are not alone. It may be hard with your own friends sometimes but being gay isn't the only thing about you and it does not define you. You're still you and your friends are still your friends. They may not be fully understanding, but as long as they are supportive then they're still your friends and that's good too.

But think about it, in such a short amount of time you have discovered and begun to accept this about yourself, which is really admirable and takes more strength than you may realize. Not only that, but you've come out to your friends even though you knew they were straight, which requires more courage than you know. Those are things to be proud of and thankful for. It may be hard now, but you will get through it, and it will get easier.

Have you talked to your parents or a doctor about your depression? Maybe they could get you some help with that.
    (*hug*)