1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help choosing my name

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Lacybi, Jan 2, 2016.

1. Lacybi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So I'm afab non binary. Possibly agenderflux, possibly demiflux, possibly demiboy. I have no clue. What I'm sure of though is that I don't like my name and names I DO like will not change when I figure out my gender identity.

My name is olivia Hope Mae. I made up Lacybi (lassie-bee) as olivia in my friend and I's made up language when we were nine.
    I'm thinking of going by Hope but I'm not sure. I go by Hope online and because it's my middle name it wouldn't be that different. It's also a unisex name, but unfortunately now is primarily used for females. I also like Seth, Sam, Shane and Jeremy/Jeremie but they sound a but strange with Hope. What do you think is best?

I like the letters D, S, R and N if anyone can think of some unisex or male names beginning with those letters that go with Hope then please comment them down below. If you know of any other unisex names that don't begin with those letters or go with Hope then stick 'em down anyway 'cause I love using unisex names for characters.

#1 Lacybi, Jan 2, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2016
  2. Galah2

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    First of all, good luck in your quest to find a name! I spent a couple of weeks (a month?) tracking down names. One piece of advice is to go to a baby name database and just scroll through all the names. That's how I found mine. This may not matter to you, but I also asked my friends (the accepting ones) which ones they thought fit me best.

As for name suggestions, I like Derek, Dmitri, Owen, Roy(ce), Ron, Reese, Sean, Noah, Nolan, Nils (kinda old, but hey), Damion, and Lorne. I personally think Ron, Damion, and Nolan would go best with hope, but that's just my ear. Best of luck!

3. FrogFriend

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Jamie is a very androgynous name, even though it isn't in your list. Sam is a pretty plain one, and I personally use it for an androgynous Harry Potter OC of mine (he identifies as male, but really doesn't care what he's called). I've heard Francis as both male and female, as well. Danny can work, also. I can't think of any others atm, though.