1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm Doing This Right, Right?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Contact1111, Dec 30, 2015.

1. Contact1111

Contact1111 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I totally lost my shit this afternoon at my parents over some stuff unrelated to my sexuality in any way. I have some anger problems sometimes, and sometimes I just have a tough time really keeping it together. My parents were going to have some kind of business meeting with these people from work or something soon. I just said something like, "You people have gotten to be a couple of regular mucky mucks." They aren't rich or anything, and they kind of resent people that are the real mucky mucks. I was basically just pissed off and saying something to want to be insulting, just because I have kind of a temper and lose my shit easily sometimes. Anyways when I called them mucky mucks, my Dad said, "Then what does that make you a sucky suck." or something to that effect. I kinda think he was saying a kinda nasty comment about me being bi, but I'm not going to get pissed about it. I was being a jerk, and I think he just wanted to say something to be a jerk since I was giving them a hard time. They don't hate me for who I am or anything, so I'm just going to let it slide. I think I'm just going to give everybody space and forget about it. I'd have been really pissed if it was unprovoked, but I was going off on them....... so I figure I'll just let it go. I'll just kind of keep to myself for a while and let this argument pass, and then I'll just let things go back to the way they were before. I feel like they're still here and we're family, so I'll just let it slide. I was saying something nasty to them, so I won't hold it against him for trying to say something to piss me off.

We've all been through plenty of things together, so a one off comment like this is just going to be water under the bridge after a while. I've said some pretty nasty stuff at times to them because I was pissed off, and I was being a jerk tonight before he said that. So, I feel like I should write it off as something said in the heat of the moment.

Is this a good way to go about this? I feel like usually I'd be all pissed off, but for some reason tonight I'm not my usual hot tempered self. Should I just go with it? I feel like they aren't bad people, and we're still a family after all these years and all the crazy, reckless, and hotheaded shit I've done over the years. I just feel like being pissed off and saying I don't want to be around them like I used to maybe isn't the right way to go about it, and I should just chill out.

2. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I could be wrong, but I think it's kind of ridiculous to assume that being called a "sucky suck" has anything to do with your sexual orientation. You admit that you were trying to insult them and they called you on it -- nothing more.

Chilling out is definitely the way to go. You don't need to create a new thread every time you have any kind of interaction with your parents, especially when you're actively trying to provoke them.

3. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    I would just apologize to your parents and tell them that you have a bit of an anger issue. I feel like you should be loose and have fun and not have many problems in your life. You should stop trying to provoke your parents. Nothing good will come out of it, also, I feel like you're a troll.

#3 bookreader, Dec 30, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2015
  4. Contact1111

Contact1111 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah, I agree. It definitely was a comment about that, I could just tell in the situation that it was kind of a nicer way of calling me a you know what sucker basically..... hey, it did kind of rhyme with what I was saying. But yeah I was being a jerk, so I can understand. I've just kind of moved on about it, because I was definitely being a jerk and that's the only reason why he said it. If it was just out of the blue, that would be one thing, but it was just something said because I was being a jerk.

5. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, it seems you already know that you need to move on. I realise this is much easier said than done, but you need to look at the bigger picture. It's good to process that you're angry and accept it, but you don't want to let it waste anymore time. I don't know exactly how anger feels to you. I just know that when I feel angry; it's a horrible feeling and I want it to disappear ASAP. And I usually feel worse if someone tells me to calm down! :eek:

Do you have outlets for anger? Things such as music, video games, exercise, etc.

I've had my fair share of problems with anger. Sometimes my rage is like a zealous crusader. I personality found it helpful to read Nonviolent Communication by Marshall B. Rosenberg.

6. Contact1111

Contact1111 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm fine now. He just wanted to say something to piss me off, because I said something to piss him off....... and well, what he in retaliation is kinda true, I am a a you know what sucker because that's just the way I am so yeah okay. How much of an insult is it really since I already told him and other people, and it's actually is true of me........ I mean he's clearly just looking for a way to piss me off, yeah it makes since to say that since it would seem like something that would piss me off in the moment. Still, he's totally fine with me as a person, so if he says something like that to try and piss me off so be it. I mean, hell, I said I was bi so I basically already said I suck you know what...... so if he uses that as a generic insult in an argument, so what. To be honest, it's kinda like calling the sky blue. I mean, yeah I'm totally into doing that...... but it's just obvious given what I said, so it's kinda like trying to insult the sky by calling it blue.

#6 Contact1111, Dec 31, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2015
  7. TheSeeker

Am I a horrible person because this made me giggle? "Mucky-muck? Sucky-suck?" What in holy hell are you people yelling about, when these insults are like a teletubbie slap-fight?

Seriously, I'm dying here :roflmao:

That said, I am sure it was traumatic, and I highly doubt your father was referring to your skilled vacuum-cleaner imitation...

#7 TheSeeker, Jan 2, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2016
  8. Contact1111

Contact1111 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    :roflmao: Yeah, it was kind of funny in retrospect. I was flipping out about something, I don't know what....... and he just wanted to piss me off by saying that...... and it actually happened to rhyme in a pretty funny way :roflmao: I called them mucky mucks, and he just said, "what does that make you a sucky sucky" or something like that. You were probably right that he wasn't saying that. It was pretty funny actually :roflmao:

9. R M

R M

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    i kinda have anger issues too sometimes. you did the right thing. you should try to avoid getting yourself angry at little things