1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friends

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by peachygogh, Dec 29, 2015.

1. peachygogh

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I feel like I am drifting away from all of my old friends. My mom hates my new friends, so I never see them outside of school, and then my other friends live hours away from me. I'm not allowed to have kik, so I can't keep internet friends, and at the moment, I am just very lonely. Nobody ever invites me anywhere, and whenever I make plans, everyone cancels. I don't know what to do. My mom is like a tyrant when it comes to my friends, she thinks she is allowed to tell me who I can and can't talk to, and has her phone set up so she gets all of my texts and any apps I download. I feel like a fucking five year old, ad I just need to breathe on my own. I'm 14, I should be allowed to have a little bit of freedom. She can't control who I become friends with anymore, I just feel so trapped.

2. IrishJ

14 is tough and parents can be more than controlling. Having raised two teenage daughters, I feel for both you and your mom. My best suggestion is to try and find time to do something with your mom, outside of the home and when the time is right, explain your concerns and I am sure she will be happy to share her reasons for being momma bear. Trust me, it is not easy from either side child/parent. I wish you well, remember, timing is everything, be as honest as possible. - J

3. Midori

Out Status:
    Some people
    I know exacty how you feel with the phone. I recently got a phone a few months ago and my parents go through my contacts, texts, apps,etc. I'm not allowed to have kik or instagram or anything like that, and they don't want me to talk online with my online friends because they think they're stalkers or rapists.

I hope it gets better and your mother is less controlling over your friends and such.