1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Do You Stand Up to Someone Who Scares You?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Plattyrex, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Plattyrex

I think I'm going to have to tell my mom. I don't want to get anyone in trouble or anything, but I shouldn't be scared to come to school. I don't know for sure yet, but I want to tell her before I have to go back to school. I've just been having so much stuff going on at school and in my personal life that it's starting to really make me feel broken.

2. Stoccata

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Thank you. Please tell your mom. I'm really, really worried about you, and I'm sure everyone else reading this is too.

Hang in there. I know it sucks but things will get better, but it may require some effort on your part.

School can be mind numbing and stressful, but you should NEVER be afraid to go, and you should feel safe while you're there.

Also, don't be afraid about "getting people in trouble." They're the ones harming you, they're the ones committing assault, they're the ones who are in the wrong, not you.

Please keep us updated on how things go.

Best,

Stoccata

3. breq

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm a teacher and would echo the sentiment that you tell a teacher. One you trust.

4. Plattyrex

That's where I have some issues with this whole situation though. This isn't really something I've discussed too much, but prior to my current situation I was having some issues with sexual harrasment coming from the same person I am currently being physically harmed by. I told multiple teachers, and none of them did anything. I had to get my mom involved and have her threaten legal action before anyone at school outside of the counselor and a few students who had seen it happening would even acknowledge that I had been wronged in anyway, and even then they didn't do much outside of passively and informally telling her to stay away from me, which clearly has not been upheld in the slightest. For obvious reasons I do have some trust issues with most of the staff at my school, so I really just feel much more comfortable going to my mom for help.

#24 Plattyrex, Jan 15, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2016