1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Irrational fears ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Aeolia, Dec 27, 2015.

1. tourettesqueen

Vomiting(emetophobia). The feeling of my muscles convulsing violently as I retch is so painful to me that I am nearly incapable of throwing up because my muscles naturally tense up when I'm going to puke so that I am unable to and I am quite misereble for a long time until I finally manage to be sick. Not fun. I remember one time lying in bed, nausous, my heart pounding and afraid to even open my mouth but trying my hardest not to puke, no matter what. Eventually I did but having a stomach is nevertheless a very upsetting experience for me because of it. My fear started about a year ago with I had some nasty virus while visiting my grandma and I hadn't thrown up in a while prior to that(before that I went could go years without puking at all) so I didn't remember the sensation of it so it felt like the first time and I was so miserable that I have been afraid of it ever since then. I'm not sure if it is irrational because I do have a valid reason for it but then again, plenty of people are able to throw up and although they are uncomfortable they are such babies about it like me.
    I'm also afraid of lizards(scholiodentosaurophobia[say that three times fast]. When I was a toddler one crawled up the back of my bare leg(it was summer and I was wearing shorts) and it startled me. Ever since then I'll run off screaming at the sight of one. I've gotten a lot better about it. As long as it is a reasonable distance from me(about ten feet), I'm okay, where as I used to freak out as soon as I saw one, no matter how far away it was. It made me afraid to go outside. I still am no where near actually touching one, even if its dead, but from far away or in pictures is okay. Now I know that this is irrational.
    I'm also terrified I'll always being single(anuptaphobia). Not sure if that counts as abandonment, because if i were to be always single, I'd never be in a romantic relationship, and if I was never in a relationship, it wouldn't be abandonment. I know everyone worries about this but I seriously fear no one will ever love me. I'm super awkward and don't like most people and have severe Tourette's and probably Aspergers along with with a lot of comorbid conditions which is a lot of baggage and if you were me you'd probably feel the same way

2. Naxams

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The dark. I guess ive always feared the unknown but death never scares me I'm really fascinated about it life after death what would happen and I had a dream that I died and I got to explore the universe and all its wonders freely

3. optionthree

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Getting sick? Specifically poisoned. I'm not sure if it's irrational, but it's kind of really extreme. I can't cook pork and I constantly need reassurance that my food is cooked.

Also small spaces/ being trapped and any found footage/ first person type films where you can't see everything at all times.

4. MrSkittles

My biggest one is heights.

5. RainDreamer

Cockroaches. Despite knowing they are scientifically harmless and is an important part of the ecosystem, all my logical thinking just shut down when I see one and I immidiately nuke the area with pesticide, rendering it uninhabitable for a few hours.

6. Naxams

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Roach's arnt nothing I see ten like every 24 hours

7. Warkupo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Getting my hair cut. It makes me so anxious that I have to cut my own hair and then leave it alone for months or years at a time. I haven't been to a barber in probably over 10 years. I think it's all the bad haircuts I've had when I was younger. lol I really just want nice hair. ; ;

#47 Warkupo, Jan 11, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2016