1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

God intended people to be straight

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SubZero, Dec 27, 2015.

1. faultyink

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you really cared about God, you wouldn't go around saying he made mistakes. Everyone was made as intended, although obviously there was a bit of trouble around your creation. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2. RavenTheRat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Interesting factoid:

There's a myth about Apollo, Hyacinthus, and Zephyrus, and a kind of love triangle between them. A lot of people know about this myth mainly from Rick Riordan's books, but it's an actual myth.

Apollo and Zephryus were both in love with Hyacinthus. In jealousy, Zephryus blew Apollo's discus-thingy (forgot what it's called haha) off course and it hit Hyacinthus in the head, killing him in an instant. In grief, Apollo transformed Hyacinthus into a flower (A hyacinth obviously)

It's just interesting to me that the Greeks had gods that expressed homosexual desires and affairs. What that has to do with this, well... I don't know. I think that if god is as powerful as you claim, and if homosexuals were as evil as christians claim, god would just make us all fall dead. But we don't.

#102 RavenTheRat, Apr 10, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
  3. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Just putting it honestly, but they'd get so offended.

They'd ask: "Why are you attacking us!?"
    After they finish attacking you, of course.

4. guitar

There are something like 500 million gay people on planet earth (the stats I see range anywhere from 2-7%), so if that's the case, the all-knowing and all-powerful has a pretty major quality control issue lol

5. Ravienclaw

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    My comeback when people say things like "Gays go to hell" is usually "And I'm guessing you think you're going to Heaven? Good. At least I won't have to see you there." or "Oh no, an eternity surrounded by tons of hot lesbians, what ever will we think of to do down there?" or if I'm in a particularly bad mood "It's sad that you still believe in santa claus for adults."

6. SubZero

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Wow, I didn't expect my thread to have so many responses. Still, I like a lot of your comebacks! :lol:

7. IronyIsMySkill

Out Status:
    A few people
    I usually just don't answer. I'm a wimp. I just say I disagree and we move away from that topic.

8. Calf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe something like "those are all such good points, I've never thought of it like that before but hearing you make such a factual statement backed up by so much fairy magic instead of actual evidence has made me decide to be straight. I can't believe how silly it sounds that I chose to be gay in the first place. Thank you so much".

9. Mahidevran

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Who is God? :x

10. Gunsmoke

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    "Your God doesn't exist, so I don't give a damn."

Not very imaginative, I know, haha. I could come up with something better except I'm an atheist, so hey, why piss off the ignorant Christian in one way when you can do it in two?

(I don't have a problem with Christians by the way. It is simply my belief that God isn't real. I hope you're not triggered by this but really, you should be able to handle alternative opinions. I put up with yours, after all.)

11. Totesgaybrah

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd chuckle and with a grin say there is no god.

12. PrettyinPunk

[​IMG]

Sorry couldn't resist.:grin:

13. Mahidevran

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Agreed with both statements above.

14. Shadstack

Shadstack Guest

"god not reel"

15. Formality

Do you think I give a flying fuck about your imaginary sky-friend?

16. Miri

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I hear an interesting variant on this argument: my dad, who was raised baptist but is now an aggressive atheist, always tells me how men and women evolved to love each other, how the only point of romance and erotic love is procreation, and therefore homosexuality is by nature a perversion of humanity, and should be avoided at all costs. In short: I'm heterosexual, the way evolution intended it to be. Nature made sexual unions to be between a man and a woman. Nature didn't make gays. They're products of sick societies and sexual deviancy.

My answer to both this and the religious version is: does that make it evil to be gay, no matter how they were made, or what is 'intended'? Would you really say that a man who regularly abuses his girlfriend, sexually and emotionally, is more worthy of living on this earth than a happy, loving gay couple? Is it more justified for a man to take his slave as his wife and rape her nightly than it is for two women who love each other deeply to raise a child together? Does 'natural' mean good, and should we embrace every disease God or nature placed on this earth? Are things which 'pervert nature' intrinsically evil, and should every new mutation, every man-made artifice, from spectacles to vaccines to wheels, be abhorred?

The funny thing is, Dad actually knows this isn't true. He's told me, because part of his vehement rejection of Christianity (and religion in general) stems from a sermon he heard as a child. The preacher argued that certain technologies were unnatural, that clearly God had not intended for us to use them, since we were not born with them already in place, and therefore that we should avoid them. Being a scientist, Dad's answer was, "We weren't born with rockets up our asses. Does this mean the space program is evil?" The preacher, of course, didn't oppose the space program. But the hypocrisy my father saw in him somehow goes unnoticed in his arguments against homosexuality.

The truth is, Dad is just kind of bothered by the thought of two men or two women having sex together. He doesn't really have a good explanation why, and neither do those who base their arguments in 'God's intentions.' Some people just aren't into 'gay stuff' (mostly straight people), just as some people aren't into avocado, or will make a face when you mention red licorice. (I'm afraid I'm guilty of the latter myself.) But they don't have the guts to just say so, because they know that's considered impolite. Instead, they have to bluster their way around it, to prove they're actually right about a subjective taste. Personally, though, I'd rather my dad just came out (pun not intended) and said he just thinks it's kinda weird I'm into girls. I'd gladly sacrifice a few awkward Thanksgiving dinners to avoid him repeating how my girlfriend is psychologically crippled and should be avoided at all costs. :/

#116 Miri, May 14, 2016
    Last edited: May 14, 2016
  17. Nicaklaus

"God is all-powerful and created everything, so he obviously created homosexuality and intended it to be that way."
    or
    "The Bible also tells you not to wear eat pork, get tattoos and tear your clothes, but you don't seem to care about that do you?"

18. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

That would be my intention, yes.

19. DrinkBudweiser

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd just laugh. Nothing pisses people off more

20. Qhamilfan

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    You are taking this from one tiny, vague verse in the bible that can be interpreted many ways.
    What did Jesus say about Homosexuality? That's right, nothing. You know what he did say? Don't judge people and love thy neighbor.