1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I'm lesbian, but I've never had a crush on anybody

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by AmaPanda, Dec 25, 2015.

1. AmaPanda

I'm a teenager and I've never had a crush on anybody. I think I'm a lesbian because I don't really like the idea of being romantic or sexual with a guy, but the idea of being with a girl just "feels right". The idea of being intimate and stuff with ladies is arousing to me, but I've never really seen a girl and been like "I want to be in a relationship with her/ have sex with her". For a while I thought I was asexual, but I don't think that exactly describes me. Maybe I'm somewhere on the asexual spectrum (demisexual perhaps), or I just haven't met the right person yet. What do you guys think? Is it possible to define your sexual orientation if you have never actually had a crush on anyone?

2. Really

Certainly. I've never had a crush on anyone. Not one that made me lose sense, anyway. I've been fascinated by and admired girls throughout school but never thought of them as crushes. Maybe they were. Who knows?

You might just be someone who likes to get to know people over time. I think that's more common than it seems here because us non-crushers don't have the same stories to tell.

Don't worry about it. Just let your feelings develop naturally. You'll be attracted to whomever you're attracted to. :thumbsup:

3. Isarene

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I agree. You don't have to put a label on it just yet. Though if you find ladies to be arousing, there is a fine chance your either bi or lesbian.

Keep cool :thumbsup:

4. BimarriedMike

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I guess labels help with identity, but human sexuality is fluid and fickle, so for me I don't know if labels help me at all. I recently had my first crush on a guy and it threw me for a loop...at my age...weird...

5. AmaPanda

Thanks for the feedback! I'll try to keep this advice in mind.

6. PastelPancake

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi!

It sounds very possible to me that you are lesbian, or bisexual preferencing women.

It's okay because your young so you have time to experiment.

Although labels are helpful don't make the mistake of rushing into a label.

Like the others said, sexuality is fluid and it always changes.