1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Holy crap, did that just happened?!?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by gaydad917, Dec 24, 2015.

1. TravelerMe

Wow. Amazing. I've had a couple of moments recently just like that where I almost blurted it out. Wish you the best gaydad!

2. TAXODIUM

My wife seemed to deal with it pretty well for the first week or so, but then everything went to hell in a handbasket. At this point, 2.5 months in, I am defeatedly resigned to the fact that she will never let me go because she is too weak to stand on her own and I love her too much to risk being th cause of a complete and total breakdown. So I'm pretty much back in the closet and just trying to put one foot in front of the other every day. I've pretended for 40 years and just have to keep on...

3. Weston

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wonder if she's quite the delicate flower you portray her as. Has she been clinically diagnosed? At least get counseling for yourself (or with her, if possible). No one should have to live their lives as a hostage. Google "Stockholm syndrome."

4. biguywantsgirl

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I hope it all works out. Hopefully, she will enjoy the ride with you

5. gaydad917

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thats so horrible to read! My wife is super independent, has always been the one "in charge" during our marriage. I expect her to go through some different feelings, but so far, she is great. We even talked about guys together last night after the family left!

6. JohnnyWisdom

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats, gaydad917. I've been out to my wife for three months now and things were a little rocky in the second week as it all sank in, but overall it's been great. We are working together to figure out how to transition from loving couple to loving friends and maintain our co-parenting responsibilities. My wife is currently in nursing school and will graduate in May '16. Afterward, for financial reasons, we plan to find a new place to live with separate bedrooms and work through the details of a divorce. Neither of us expects to find someone else immediately so figure there's no reason to go our own ways until then.

7. middleGay

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wow, I wish all spouses were as calm and understanding. I'm quite jealous.

8. JohnnyWisdom

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    middleGay, I realize I'm quite fortunate. I was out to my wife as bisexual from the start and in the last year we'd been talking about opening our marriage because I wasn't happy and wanting to experience m/m intimacy again. As we began exploring this possibility I realized and decided to announce that I'm gay - probably a 4 on the Kinsey scale, because I've had several relationships with women - and want to live that way. For years in my first marriage (wife died at 29) I fooled around with men on the side, but nothing serious and I was eat up with guilt. When I remarried, I decided I wouldn't cheat and it has been hard these last 13 years. I could kick myself for not coming out years ago but I was too afraid of the rejection, living in a small east Texas town. Hindsight, of course, is 20/20. :-/

9. Bibliovian

Congrats GayDad! So excited for you. I hope the rest of the journey goes as smoothly! Keep us posted. :slight_smile:

10. Night Rain

Your wife is awesome, especially in this awkward stage! That's cute, to be able to talk about guys with your wife! I hope everything else will be just as good for you.

11. R M

R M

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    wow congrats! I'm so happy for you and you're wife understanding and having peace with it. I hope you, your wife, your kids and your future spouce have a happy future. You're lucky with such a wonderful wife! :slight_smile:

12. gaydad917

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks everyone! So far, she has continued to be great about everything. I am very lucky, thats for sure!