1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favorite game of 2015

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Lone Dragon, Dec 20, 2015.

1. Helicoprion

Out Status:
    A few people
    More like glorious SLAVIJA but okay

Anyways my fave of this year is World of Tanks Xbox One.

2. Cap’nSerious

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Dying Light the game lacked originality, but it was a fantastic game. It might be Rise of the Tomb Raider once I play it.

3. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest

What are you on about? It may be a male power fantasy but it is still very well written. It just shows the type of world that was created, its a fantasy world with a medieval setting.

4. Nikky DoUrden

Have u played the game ?
    The strongest character in there is Ciri. shes a woman. and a lesbian. the witcher Geralt is her father figure and half the game ur on her tracks to find her... what male power fantasy game ur talking about i dont know, but it isnt the witcher :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    That been said, one of the strongest characters in the game are female, sorcereses :grin:

I would also say that its a matter of taste, maybe some didn't like witcher 3 thats fine, but i would challenge anyone to find me a better story/sidequest game in the history of gaming setting aside Baldurs Gate and Planescape:Torment which are the pinacle of RPGs :grin:

EDIT: also would be intersting to mention Ciri saved Geralt couple of times (game/books), and the game overall is developed after a series of succesful books ! :slight_smile:

#24 Nikky DoUrden, Dec 24, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2015
  5. justin88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Like Nikky DoUrden said, games are a matter of taste. Some like Witcher, some like Fallout and some like Mario Kart. At the end of the day we're all gamers so there's no point in trashing other games. :slight_smile:

6. Ryu

Ryu

Monster hunter 4 ultimate. Why? Because it's the only game made in 2015 I have.

7. AgenderMoose

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My personal GOTY is Undertale. Oh. My lord. I could ramble on forever about how I love it and stuff but I SHALL NOT to save time. There are other places for that.

As for a game I was disappointed in... Hm. I don't have one that I can really think of. I haven't really played many major game titles that came out this year (no time, no money...but now...huehuehue).

8. InsertValidName

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Probably Undertale ^_^

9. Lazuri

I've gotten into this so many times, so I'm not sure I've the energy to do it again.

All I'm gonna say is that while the game has plenty of powerful women, they're basically all there for Geralt to fuck, the only exception being Ciri. Somebody once told me that in the books, he does fuck Ciri too, but I'm not sure I believe that.

I buckled and bought Undertale so I can finally give my opinion on it.

As a game it's pretty abysmal--both gameplay and graphics are nothing special.

However, as a piece of art, it's worth is undeniable. The game possess a lot of charm and character and somebody clearly poured a lot of their soul into it and it becomes very enjoyable because of it.

10. BobObob

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For me, it was GTA V for PC. I love being able to do just about anything I want, and GTA V is the best designed open-world game that lets me do that.

Although the game technically came out in 2013 on the PS3/XBox 360, and then again in 2014 with the PS4/XBox One, the very latest version of it (PC) didn't come out until this year. With the PC version being the only one with a framerate higher than 30 FPS, and with the picture quality being much better on the latest release (even compared to the PS4/XBox One), I consider it to be a game that wasn't really complete until 2015.

To give you an idea of how big a jump in picture quality there is from the 2013 and 2014 releases of the game, below are a couple screenshots I saved from my PC earlier today. And these screenshots were made with some setting (such as the advanced settings, anti-aliasing, and grass quality) turned down so I can get a consistent 60 FPS at 4k resolution. So the game can look even better than this:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh, I also forgot that now that it's on PC, there are tons of mods for GTA V. I use Sweetfx, and inject SMAA for low-cost anti-aliasing. I can easily turn on invincibility, make my bullets explosive, turn into an animal, add higher-quality textures to the game, etc., etc., etc. I love modability.

#30 BobObob, Dec 24, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2015
  11. Nikky DoUrden

I read the books and the guy is a lier and i wont say anything else. Ciri is like a daughter to Geralt nothing sexual between them at *all* :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I just dont want people to get the wrong idea about the witcher - (1) Triss Merigold is actually seducing Geralt not the other way around, one of the reason im not fan of her is she do that while knowing he likes Yennefer.

Yennefer as well if u read the books u know shes not "there" for geralt like u described, in fact shes keeping him on a short leesh and actually have another mage boyfriend while being with Geralt as well. Yep.
    Maybe its not showing as *much* in the games but Yennefer is an amazing character not bound to anyone and do what SHE think is right, if anything Witcher 3 should be praised for that :grin:

That been said, Undertale is an amazing game as well :smilewave

12. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My personal GotY is Metal Gear Solid 5. I'm still not done being blown away by it.

13. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The only games released this year that I played were Omega Ruby and Majora's Mask. Omega Ruby was slightly disappointing, and Majoras mask was so frustrating (I may or may not have finished it aha).

14. Ryu

Ryu

I've now played the witcher III, so I'm allowed to say that now.

15. VideoGAYmer

VideoGAYmer Guest

Has to be monster hunter cross. Though I've played very little. I'm loving it so far.

16. Eye Shine

For now it is Mortal Kombat X. I have to play more of my other games first before I finalize that as my personal GOTY

17. KingdomKeyDK

Um. Kingdom Hearts Unchained X (CHI).... Just kidding!!!

UNDERTALE WAS AMAZEBALLZZZZZ

18. mituaski

mituaski Guest

[​IMG]

19. breq

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I've seriously enjoyed Splatoon! And it just keeps coming out with new, free dlc. Can't complain about that!

20. I would say undertale my god, that game under my opinion, is the best. but we all have our taste in games :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: