1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you ever feel guilt ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Aeolia, Dec 20, 2015.

1. mothzi

2. LogicNoSense

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I used to, when my school wasn't accepting about it. Then, as the years went on and more and more people came out, I didn't feel any guilt about it. Now, I can simply tell people as I please, knowing that whatever they say wouldn't get me down. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. Riz

Riz

Gender and romantic orientstion no.
    Sexual orientation, every single day. Feel like I'm letting my partner down even if he tells me otherwise

4. heyguyswhatsup

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Pretty much this.

I feel a lot of guilt in regards to family. I dislike the notion that being anything other than heterosexual requires you to come out and have to tell people. I feel especially guilty that I could be content on never telling some people but that the longer I keep it hidden, the worse I will be thought of/the worse I will appear to the other person in terms of trusting them.

I also worry about what my family would think: that I'll never be able to have children of my own and live a "normal" life with a wife. I'd rather spare being thought of differently.

I'm a very indecisive person and I'm therefore horrible with big decisions. I tend to just avoid them.

5. Southern Stoic

Lurking on the dark underbelly of the web
    Yes, especially towards my gender. I feel like I'm a disgrace to my family, like I'm not the daughter they wanted me to be.

6. sea

sea

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    I feel guilty that I'll let people down if I don't play into being a "sweet girl" or whatever. Or a "hot chick" or whatever the hell. People seem to be all too eager to project a role onto me and when I don't step into it- I can feel them either being confused or let down. I'm sensitive so I feel it a lot. I am developing a thicker skin, as I realize more and more that I ACTUALLY feel ALIVE when I just hold my ground and be myself (for me more androgynous).

I just don't want to go back to numb land, where I worry about what everybody thinks. Does anybody have any tips for making it through the transition and staying strong in the face of public opinion and expectations?

It can get lonely.

#46 sea, Jan 22, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
  7. MCairo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Not really.

8. Feelunique

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Good question. Now I don't at all and wouldn't change a thing. When young I had those feelings after doing something harmless and mutual with the same sex because of fear of what society "thought" about it at the tiime