1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming Out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by dl72, Dec 16, 2015.

1. dl72

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi, I have come out to a few people and want too out to everyone, but I am not sure how to do it. My close friends and my family don't know I am gay. I don't know how they would react because they are homophobic (family) to a certain extent. My mom already said if I am gay, that it is her fault even though it is not. I don't have any problems with being gay, it is who I am, but I don't want my mom to think it is her fault or anyone else. Any advise would be appreciated. Thank you.

2. VampireGrin

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Coming out is a different process for everyone. You need to figure out what you're most comfortable with and go from there. So you've came out to some people, but no one close? That's a good first step. It is definitely harder to tell people you're close with. Coming out to my parents was easily one of the most difficult things I've ever done. I personally found it easier to come out to close friends before my family. I basically went with who I was most comfortable telling and built my way up to the more difficult ones. It was about a year long process, but now everyone in my life knows including my homophobic conservative grandparents (who took it better than expected to my surprise). The scariest thing is that you just never know how someone is going to react. Some of my experiences went the way I thought, but others didn't. But overall coming out was well worth it. Good luck man!

3. dl72

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you. I know it is a tough process.