1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you think you come across on EC?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ForNarnia, Dec 13, 2015.

1. BaldOldGoat

Honestly ... I'd rather not think about it!

2. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hard to say...but pretty much like in real life, I'm guessing:

Overly analytical...I feel like I have to just hope that people get that I have a sense of humor...it seems that some do and some don't.

Age is similarly ambivalent. I've had people guess my age (interestingly, since I put it right there in my display info) anywhere from early 20's to...my actual age, I guess. I don't think I've heard people guess me as *older* than I actually am. So that's good.

I also think I come off as a bit more "together" than I am in real life. But again, that's no different from real life. People in real life *also* take me for more "together" than I actually am. Funny ole life.

3. Distant Echo

I hope I come across as supportive, compassionate. I'd better come across as a smartarse. I aim to come across as a content married woman one day, and introduce you all to my wife. One day. One day.

4. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The greatest thing to ever happen to this forum, duh

5. europeanguy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I would guess, very anxious and a bit of a worry wart haha but generally a "punny" guy....i dont know, if anyone has read any of my posts id be curious to know how i come off

6. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh, whatever. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I certainly don't think of you that way!

As for me... I hope I come across as approachable and helpful. :slight_smile: However most of my contact with people involves me sending a generic PM to tell them not to upload copyrighted images which is probably not the best first impression!

7. Abbra

I haven't been on here for about six months, so I'm very absent. I couldn't tell you how I was perceived before I left. I think people liked me. I had a person that I regularly spoke with and I got a few thank you's from people who I talked to on the board. All in all, I think my reputation was pretty solid. I couldn't tell you specifics though.

8. XxSunXDragonxX

9. Sepina

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I second this

10. Eveline

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Haunted and hopefully helpful and caring.

11. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hopefully seen as a wise old owl who cares about people from a distance. I may sound depressed and down, and that's because I'm not in the greatest place in my life right now. But I do genuinely care about people and want to help. I have a wicked sense of humor that not everybody likes, but though I'm a lot quieter than I was two and a half years ago, I'm still the fun-loving, funny Gaytheist you all know and love.

12. Open Arms

Open Arms Guest

I feel I never come across very well on forums. Here I think I come across as too old, too opinionated, too Christian and carrying around the Canadian flag too much. LOL!!!

Good thing I have a very strong self image so I don't lose a wink of sleep over how I'm perceived online.

In real life I'm known as accepting, helpful, very unique, strong, passionate and loyal to friends, family, faith and country.

13. Aqulia

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Goofy and/or childish. Let's throw nerdy in there as well.

14. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Brilliant? Silly, asocial, disorganized, short-tempered, self-centered, skeptical, and usually sensitive. Or at least that's how I think I come across because it is mostly true.

A lot of things are lost through text, so it can be difficult to tell what a person is really like. Coincidentally, I just read skimmed an article about how it seems unfriendly when people add a full stop to the end of a message! lol

15. radicalmuffins

Out Status:
    A few people
    I come and go... so I do not know how I come across to other people. Personally, I feel that I'm that strange kid who wants to fit in but really can't. That.

16. YinYang

Hopefully wise and friendly, but probably annoying.

17. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, I hope that I come across as cheerful and friendly. I try not to be too serious here, unless there is an actual need for that kind of attitude. :grin:

I'm quite a melancholic person and a total debby downer, but I usually try to cut that crap on EC, because I don't think it's especially productive! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

18. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I try to break down taboos by making the strange seem more normal, and as such, use humor a good deal, and probably come across as warmhearted, though also a bit perverse, moody and eccentric.

This passage from a short story by Donald Barthelme came to mind, an excerpt from 'The Joker's Greatest Triumph':

“Consider him at any level of conduct,” Bruce said slowly, “in the home, on the street, in interpersonal relations, in jail -- always there is an extraordinary contradiction. He is dirty and compulsively neat, aloof and desperately gregarious, enthusiastic and sullen, generous and stingy, a snappy dresser and a scarecrow, a gentleman and a boor, given to extremes of happiness and despair, singularly well able to apply himself and capable of frittering away a lifetime in trivial pursuits, decorous and unseemly, bland and cruel, tolerant yet open to the most outrageous varieties of bigotry, a great friend and an implacable enemy, a lover and an abominator of women, sweet-spoken and foul-mouthed, a rake and a puritan, swelling with hubris and haunted by inferiority, outcast and social climber, felon and philanthropist, barbarian and patron of the arts, enamored of novelty and solidly conservative, philosopher and fool, Republican and Democrat, large of soul and unbearably petty, distant and brimming with friendly impulses, an inveterate liar and astonishingly strict with petty cash, adventurous and timid, imaginative and stolid, malignly destructive and a planter of trees on Arbor Day -- I tell you frankly, the man is a mess.”

#38 HuskyPup, Dec 14, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2015
  19. MetalRice

I have no clue.

20. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's what makes your posts some of the best to read. They're candid.

I don't know how I come across. I guess I come across like someone who has their mind made up on a lot of things discussed here, someone who likes to remain informed, someone who is obviously older than the typical EC member, someone who can be sarcastic and even get into an argument, someone who can talk about what's going through my head, and someone who is obviously more conservative and traditional, relatively speaking, compared to the EC population.

---------- Post added 14th Dec 2015 at 06:43 PM ----------

This is a good call. I, for one, like your wicked sense of humor.

---------- Post added 14th Dec 2015 at 06:45 PM ----------

Interesting that this is the first thing you mentioned. I'd agree with that. It's much easier for me to interact with analytical people. I find that people who gloss over everything annoy me. I've had some friends like that. I wondered, "How could you possibly have missed that?"

---------- Post added 14th Dec 2015 at 06:46 PM ----------

How about "the voice of reason?"