1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News This 46-year-old trans woman is beginning her new life — as a 6-year-old girl

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Minori, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sounds like a major mid life crisis.

2. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  3. Minori

Of course it's her choice. Except due to her choices, her children won't ever have their second parent since their second parent is kinda not acting like a parent..
    She is throwing away all her responsibilities for this. That is what urks me. That she has children, yet is throwing it all away

#23 Minori, Dec 12, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2015
  4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Quite frankly, this is bullshit. Trans-age is not a real condition; it is a delusion, which is a mental health condition.

The fact that we have anyone validating this nonsense is a perfect example of people's inability to draw the line between tolerance and coddling ridiculousness.

The woman deserves our compassion, because there is a serious mental health issue going on here. She needs help, but not blind acceptance.

IF we accept this, where do we draw the line? Can I decide I'm a unicorn? A can of beans? A chair?

5. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You know there are people who still say the same, regarding homosexuality? :confused:

6. FootballFan101

She has 7 kids she cant exepct 1 woman too take care of all 7 kids

#26 FootballFan101, Dec 12, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2015
  7. Uncolored

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would describe this as a mid-life crisis. It is sad that she has kids, I hope that she didn't turn their back on them or stop parenting them. They don't deserve that.
    I would say that the dynamic is a bit weird but it also does not seem like she lives with her adopted "parents". It seems more like roleplay than anything else. I have seen dynamics like this on the internet but never in real life.

8. Lazuri

I am a chair--quick, sit on my face!

9. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I haven't got a clue about the psychology involved here. Her being transgender I can understand, it's the whole living as a six year old I can't get my head round. So, I don't want to make a judgement about her when I don't quite understand where her head is at. Yay for fence sitting (!)

I feel bad for the kids though.

10. Kinky

Kinky Guest

This shit will never be legal.
    Imagine a 40 year old something has sex with a 14 yo because they identify themselves as 14 and middle-age people are icky. While the real 14 yo identifies as a 25 yo which makes them the real pedophile.
    Funny to think about.

11. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm with you on this one.

12. photoguy93

She has some serious psychological problems going on here.

To the above comments about condemning her...I understand what you're saying, but there comes a point where we can't just let people live their lives. In this case, I hope someone looks at her and goes "you need help and you need it now." I highly, highly, highly, highly doubt she's of sound mind. If she is and this is honestly what she chose, then it is what it is - I just can't think she's playing with a full deck and I hope people around her can get her that help.

13. justin88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I fully agree with you.

14. 741852963

But unlike homosexuality (which is an obvious sexual or romantic desire for the opposite sex), or transexuality which is an immutable belief or sense of being the opposite gender, this woman clearly has great flexibility in her belief.

She states she chooses to be 6 (having previously been 8, twice obviously). It is nothing more than an elaborate game of play pretend, and likely routed in a desire to live a live free of the burdens of adult responsibility, and full of childlike innocence. There is nothing wrong with those traits or thoughts being expressed, but they can be done in a far healthier manner.

Yes we do "feel our age" in a similar way to our gender, it is not quite the same. Whereas a person can adjust their outward gender without any substantial harm to others (i.e. after reassignment they can carry on in society as a functioning teen/adult), with this woman she has voluntarily become a burden (it is very reminiscent of people with Body Integrity Identity Disorder BIID, who believe they must be disabled).

Additionally, unlike with gender the vast majority of people will experience variance (i.e. they will be young and then old), so there is never going to be a "permanent setting". We will experience what it is like to be 6, and then we will experience what it is like to be 40. After experiencing the latter we may reminisce and think being 6 was better, but we cannot just reset the clock as we have inherited 34 years of brain development and an adult body by then. And the person will keep aging in the meantime, so even if this woman is "6" now, she has to grow up someday.

I know this will obviously be contentious when we are discussing "normality", but we do already readily pathologize many habits and traits as mental illness (i.e. repetitive behaviours, anxiety, moods, sexual patterns). Arguably this behaviour carries as much potential for harm as most mental illness.

15. Kinky

Kinky Guest

Another way to look at this, if she's happy in her delusion, there's no point in 'helping her'.

But I detest whoever coined the term 'transage'. In her interview, she didn't mention that word at all. Her choice of age was because one of the kids wanted her to be a little sister, hence 6. It is an issue completely separated from our usual gender identity issues.

She's not one to be condemned. We should condemn those who use her stories to promote their own special snowflakesness.

16. dreamer2891

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    The great think about being an adult is you get to choose the parts of childhood you loved and wish to continue... But you brain will never be the same as a 6 year olds as it has developed, and you form choice and experience. You can retain a balance, and a lot of people re-live childhood partly through their own children, thats normal/natural - and I personally think thats great. One thing I do hate in our society is the whole 'thats for kids' etc - which is similar to 'thats for girls/woman' - if you like lego/theme parks/ disney films/ ball pits - got for it - I think its healthy for Adults to 'play' (not in the sex term which is so commonly used).

but I'm sorry - THIS, its not healthy at all, it's a fetish fantasy thats taken over and they've lost there perspective on reality. This guy/girl needs a lot of support not hate, but there are some serious issues at foot I feel and their are limits! I sometimes think it would be great to be a cat! But I can't just decide to be a cat...full time....There are limits... there has to be limits to everything, I Not questioning how she feels, but you can work through a compromise surely if things are that extreme.....How are you meant to work for a living? its as bad as if someone said... 'you know what I don't like working for a living, its against my human rights, I'm choosing to be unemployed and exploit benefits'.....

17. 741852963

That's the crux of it. There is nothing wrong with wanting to play or do some of the things you enjoyed as a child, and I think it is a shame society does tell people to "grow up" by age limiting certain activities (thankfully this appears to be slipping due to recent trends with adult colouring books, adventure days, video games being mass market etc).

But to believe you are a child, and act your whole life as though you were (including going to the extreme of tracking down an adoptive family). That is not a healthy or sustainable practice.

If you look at her attire (which 6 year olds probably wouldn't even wear) and her childish mispelt moniker (StephonKnee) it is almost like she is parodying childhood, or portraying an extreme version of it (almost akin to drag). But I think the difference is drag is largely a temporary hobby, drag queens do not believe their OTT creations are representative of womanhood, and it is largely done for entertainment or art.

18. thepandaboss

I think it's a fetish. I mean, for god sakes, she legally named herself Stephonknee. Not "Stephanie" with a weird but innocent Michael Jackson thing for staying young. No. She legitimately has a fetish for behaving like a six year old girl. That's borderline pedophilic.

Honestly, she makes us all look bad. This is the kind of person the transphobes are going to point to and say "Look, they're all sick and creepy. Just like him/her."

19. Ryu

Ryu

Hahahahahahahhahahahah
    What. Is this person related to a certain michael jefferson by any chance or ks that just my imagination?

20. Open Arms

Open Arms Guest

Well, I'll say this much for her. Though she is mentally not well, at least she didn't murder her children.

This opinion I'm about to state may seem way off the wall, but I firmly believe it.... I actually think in this day and age when there is birth control and there are not the same community supports as in days of old, very large families are a type of abuse on the poor mother and the poor children... possibly on the husband too if he has to struggle to support them all. Seven children is too many.

As for missionaries who want to be supported financially full-time in a faraway land, five kids is too many.

Like I said, just my way of looking at it.