1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I tell her that I am inexperienced with women without scaring her off?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by doorways, Dec 8, 2015.

1. Shadowsylke

I really think you have nothing to worry about. If she cares about you, your experience level will not matter at all.

When I started my relationship with my wife, I was married to a man and had never been with a woman before (she was my so-called "trigger"). She was patient and kind, and it was beautiful. And it still is.

And honestly, the learning curve isn't all that steep...it isn't brain surgery. You'll figure out what to do. :icon_wink

2. BaldOldGoat

Your job would be to clearly communicate three things: I really like you, I find you very good looking, and please bear with my lack of experience. If the first two are also how she feels about you, it should be fine.

3. doorways

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you ConsiousRose42.

4. doorways

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    FOLLOW UP: I want to tell everyone your kind words were spot on. I had a great time on my second date. We kissed at the end of the night. Then the subject came up about my experience -- because I was clearly nervous when we got physical. She asked if I was comfortable. I told her I've never been in a real relationship with a woman. I told her I've have sex with men but never with a woman. She was incredibly understanding and only wanted me to be comfortable. That's it! I have been close to people who haven't been so kind to me and it's pretty amazing when you find someone that is so caring. Thanks all.

#24 doorways, Dec 13, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2015
  5. CapColors

Wonderful!!!!

6. Willa

My first serious, committed girlfriend had dated women before being with me, but had absolutely no physical experience with women. When she told me, up front and honestly, I was honored to be the person that she trusted to teach her how to make love to a woman. I understood that it took courage for her. We went slow, and there was clumsiness, and we laughed a lot, and it wasn't perfect, but it was absolutely beautiful. Don't worry - the right woman will be honored that you are trusting her with your body and your heart. It doesn't have to be perfect. Just let go and enjoy it for what it is, and let her lead you if that's what you need. Besides, just because someone has experience doesn't mean they're good. The girl I'm talking about had no idea what she was doing, but she was curious and excited in the sweetest way, and ended up being one of the best lovers. So much of intimacy is just intuition. Have fun!

7. doorways

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks Willa! I love this.