1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would you prefer your partner to be the same ethnicity?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by lovetoomuch, Dec 8, 2015.

1. Reciprocal

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like to think that I don't have any preference, but in practice I find that I more often find Caucasian people attractive (my race).

2. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nah, no preference. Mind you, I'm someone who puts very little stock into physical appearances at all.

3. GayPugs

I don't care what ethnicity my partner is. I'm white and so is my girlfriend but that doesn't mean I wouldn't be attracted to a person of darker skin. I think asians are super hot!

---------- Post added 9th Dec 2015 at 08:56 AM ----------

Me, too.

4. MCairo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It's not that I rationally prefer my ethnicity, but I can't help it. This doesn't mean I won't date guys from different ethnicities, but the ones that attract me the most are white, like me (or Latino for US standards). My last crush was on a half-asian, half-white guy though.

5. Mila

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I don't think that I had ever any strong objections to partnering up with people of other ethnicities. In fact my current SO of many many years is different ethnicity to me, and she's super awesome! :grin:

6. Box

Box

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I don't have a preference. I'm attracted to attractive people.

7. YinYang

I really wouldn't mind. What matters more is personality, not skin color or ethnic background.

8. Cedar

I find myself attracted more to Asian men. I'm a mix of caucasian and native american.

9. AnotherStranger

Nope, for some reason im more interested in latin people (me being caucasian)

10. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

I find I'm most often attracted to people who happen to also be Caucasian like I am, but not always. There are definitely exceptions and if I liked someone who was a different ethnicity than me, I wouldn't care. I guess it depends on the person too. I've heard of people before being attracted more to their own ethnicity or even a different ethnicity more than their own.
    I wonder too if some people also want their partners on those sites to also have certain cultural ideologies and practices too that match up with theirs.

11. MrPistol

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    If you are attractive, beautiful, handsome and can make me smile, and are smart I really do not care what race they are. I do lean towards Asian and Mexican guys and of course Caucasian are on my list.

12. BaldOldGoat

I know in Asia, they have a ton of skin-lightening products, like Papaya soap and other Papaya products. The obsession with it is almost sickening. I used to be quite dark, and my mom would always tell me to stay out of the sun or else I would turn dark. She's quite the pale person. And it sucks because skin color is not something you can easily control.

I hope this is taken in the spirit that the whole idea of such products is horrible when I say that my dark skinned South Asian ex would sneeringly refer to them as "spade fade."

#52 BaldOldGoat, Dec 9, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
  13. blueshadedsoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Nah, both race and ethnicity are pretty irrelevant to me.

14. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    I would only date Russians, indigenous people, and Asians. so yes, I would date outside of my ethnicity and nationality

#54 AtheistWorld, Dec 9, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
  15. BookWriter1994

Well, I am mixed with white and black so to me a certain ethnicity doesn't really matter to me. You could be white, black, Asian, Mexican, Indian, I personally do not have any preferences when it comes to ethnicity.

16. AKTodd

Doesn't matter to me. My previous partner was Panamanian. I certainly liked him very much at the time and his race was something it never even occurred to me to consider in that equation.

In terms of what I find attractive, I like hairy guys (this doesn't mean I would rule out someone who's smooth - had a very nice relationship with a smooth guy who was an absolute sweetheart and we still exchange Xmas cards - but my eye and my libido are more commonly drawn to man fur). This usually means I'm more likely to be attracted to men from races that often have an excess of body hair than not.

That said, due to the fashion for beards in play right now, I've discovered that my libido will often count a nice beard - particularly the 's*****' look - on some guys as equivalent to a hairy chest and react accordingly..

Also, due to the power of google, I've found that it's relatively easy to find images of hairy guys of just about any race - and my libido is quite willing to react strongly and positively to them as well.

Even when I don't find a guy attractive it's not a matter of feeling repelled - just not feeling attracted.

That all said, based on past experience, if I were still in the dating pool, I would likely avoid guys from certain cultures - specifically those that have the whole machismo thing (or equivalent) going on. I strongly suspect that that factor played a role in the ending of my relationship with my last partner.

Todd

17. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm white. I look at white guys disproportionately more, but don't rule out others. White or caucasian also has a broad definition, and it includes people in the Middle East and North Africa. I've seen some Middle Eastern guys that look great and have caught my eye.

There are types I notice. I've posted enough photos on here. I can't reprogram my brain as to what it responds to. Also, among whites, I tend not to notice blonds too much. For the life of me, I can't understand all the fuss over Ryan Gosling and other blond movie stars everyone currently raves about.

18. ParrotBrat

Out Status:
    Some people
    My girlfriend is Hispanic but she was raised white and she's quite light skinned. I lowkey forget her roots until she busts out some Spanish or specifically mentions her heritage. I don't think I have a preference really, but for whatever reason I tend to notice black girls more than any other race of any gender. I'm white as heck.

19. justin88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Same. :slight_smile:

20. Gen

Gen

My only preference on the subject is for people who don't have racial preferences.