1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Attractive people

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by lastking, Dec 6, 2015.

1. lastking

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Do you guys feel initimiated by attractive people? I know everyone's definition of attractive is different but I'm talking about the really attractive ones. I feel like the ones I come across always tend to be mean and shallow. Is this the case for everybody?

2. MtnCase

Sometimes, yes, people who are significantly attractive can be a bit shallow and mean, but there have been times when I've judged someone too quickly on that point. Just because someone is naturally good looking doesn't mean that they always turn out to be shallow or mean. Try to give them a genuine chance and they could be the kindest, best friend you've ever had!

3. Steve FS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I don't feel necessarily intimidated, but just incredibly shy and quiet.

4. Open Arms

Open Arms Guest

I feel sorry for very attractive girls because they are hit on so much by guys and because other girls often are jealous and mean towards them.

5. hapa

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I feel more jealous than intimidated. Being attractive is such a huge plus in life.

6. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not really.

In real life (as in, apart from observing celebrities or others via a distance such as the internet) I hardly ever come across anyone very attractive all around. Usually they'd have a couple nice characteristics but be lacking somewhere else. If, in those rare moments when I spot such a cherub, the only thing I feel is embarrassment for my staring.

7. RyeTheDauphin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm never intimidated or scared of them. I also don't really come across many attractive people irl (which is hardly surprising since I'm still in high school lol). But when I do I just get easily distracted and if they are nice then I find it even harder to talk to them. If they turn out to not be a good person I'm not usually interested after that.

8. zeecoop

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Ive tend not to worry about my looks much.

Im either really ugly with a massive ego for my own emotional protection :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: or just about cute enough to not need to worry. :dry:

sometimes when I see someone on youtube or TV who is really attractive I get jelous, but try not to let myself get hung up on it for too long to prevent reptative thought patterns.

Most of my problems with the way the look to others come from my lack of self-care (excerise/hygene/eating properly etc.)

9. lastking

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I guess sometimes I can be kind of envious towards attractive people, but ultimately I try not to compare myself to others. Even though most attractive people I've met were self-centered and shallow, I came across one extremely attractive guy, who turned out to be my long-time friend.

10. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm just in a state of shock when I see someone who is really attractive.

11. gibson234

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, but on the other hand they walk into relationships and can get any guy they want. It's like feeling sorry for rich people because it's difficult for them to decide on what to spend their money on.

I would much rather be hit on a lot than not hit on at all.

12. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Until "hit on" devolves into stalking, harassing, molesting, using. Which isn't to say being attractive doesn't has it's numerous benefits, but don't presume to know what it's like to be on the other side with such a narrow mindset.

#12 RawringSnake, Dec 7, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2015
  13. lastking

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I understand what you mean. I barely get hit on so I wish I could be hit on more often, but not to the point of being hit on alot. Also, I think that being in a relationship with a super attractive person doesn't always seem to last long.

#13 lastking, Dec 7, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2015
  14. thrashgal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    well i wouldnt.say im attractive but i feel sumtimes when people look at me its as if they think i am and.automatically assume i am stuck up and shallow...i feel like alot.of.people dont even want to approach me or talk to me and when i smile at them (girls) they just.look away kinda roll their.eyes or.sumthing..like " wtf is ur problem?" pisses me.off...makes.me.feel left out too or like its sumthing about.me or wrong with me

15. lovetoomuch

I wouldn't say I'm intimidated by really attractive people, but I definitely feel a few things.

Shy: I'm probably in awe of how good looking they are, so I get shy and stumble on my words. Not surprisingly, this happens more often with guys since I am gay, so I typically don't have this problem with attractive girls.
    Jealousy: Not jealousy like I will hate person. But I am most certainly jealous of how good looking the person is. I mean, good for them that they are so good looking. I think, "I would love to have their looks." (Or I wish they would date me - haha)
    Curiosity: I wonder if they find themselves good looking or not. I am sure they have some insecurities.

But as people mentioned, not all good looking people are shallow or mean. We tend to make judgements about them, but I have met some extremely nice and personable people who are good looking.
    And as the person above said, people tend to be so intimidated by them. So they either get hit on by a bunch of people or no one approaches them due to intimidation.

In terms of asking an attractive person out, I would certainly be intimidated by them. Be friendly, not intimidated. Pursuing romantically, yes. I think it is because if you are not confident in your looks and the other person is very good looking, you feel 'below' him / her in a sense.

16. Justinian20

For me, attractive women, well a lot of them are my friends. Mainly because I don't want nothing from them and they don't want nothing from me cause I am the GAY man.
    Attractive men though, I am not intimidated by, they just make me super nervous and shy cause they are hawt.

17. AlexLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I get intimidated. I don't know why, I shouldn't, but maybe it's because I know they are unattainable to me. Not saying I'm ugly, but I'm not someone who gets a lot of eye catching if you know what I mean. People like me because of my personality, not my looks.
    I work at a supermarket so I see all kinds of people. There's this cop that comes into my work regularly and in his uniform of all things, and damn but If he isn't drop dead gorgeous ( and straight )

I also feel sorry a bit for people who are that attractive because they must know they are and must get stared at, flirted with, hit on, and drooled over a lot. I'd hate it if people watched me like that all the time, but than again I'm paranoid about people so I might just be different.

Maybe I feel intimidate

18. lastking

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I don't necessarily feel sorry for attractive people, especially when many of them take too much pride in their good looks and flaunt for attention. Though not all are like this.

19. GayOtaku

No, I just become jealous of them.
    Because, they actually get to live lives being beautiful.
    Me, as ugly.