1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Okay, guys. I need advice. Like, now.

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by mellie, Dec 4, 2015.

1. Moonflower

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    This is definitely good advice. However, the tendency to think you need to have it all figured out before you go into a relationship is wrong-because nobody has it "all figured out." Autonomy, however is very important and is the reason I'm not actively seeking dates right now. I'm glad I can go on this forum as a form of interaction outside of my normal socializing rather than go on dating sites. So I'd say go with that gut instinct. But again, remember there's no "perfect time." Think about how differently you might think about this if you'd met someone in real life rather than the app- it seems to me that people overthink the apps and internet dating and way too much thought gets put into it that doesn't happen when relationships just happen in real life.

2. Julietta

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    yeah everybody meet in London that's where I LIVE :grin:

3. Really

Get a grip. Why do you get to choose?!

@mellie.

Something else to think about... Everything is exaggerated in our heads. Everything. I'm pretty sure when you meet her, you'll be you're normal polite, friendly self. You will be able to control yourself because you're not this crazy, uncontrolled character you've invented in your head. And don't forget, she gets a say in how things progress as well, right? Just have fun.

#23 Really, Dec 5, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
  4. idsm

In that case, we demand free accommodation at your place along with an extensive city tour!! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. Apollonia

Does she know the details of your situation?

Good luck either way for the meeting!

6. Open Arms

Open Arms Guest

I'd slow things down with this woman. No need to be all over her physically at this point.