1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I too girly?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by countrycastout, Dec 3, 2015.

1. countrycastout

I feel like a man most of the time and in starting to be OK admitting it to myself, but I still have doubts because if I get sad, or scared of when I'm half asleep I'm extremely feminine, in voice word choice body language heck I even feel like a little girl then, just much much much younger than I actually am .... Does this mean I'm not FtoM like I thought, or is it just like muscle memories and learned behaviors?
    Also sorry I havnt posted on anyone else's posts I'm still trying to figure stuff out and don't know what to say to try and help anyone else right noe... Also I'm more of a chat room person lol bit I'm trying

2. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's partially learned behaviors and possibly a part of your personality. There are really feminine (as far as I know) cis guys (Choi Minki, Joey Graceffa, Brendan Jordan) and they're still guys.

I feel the same way: I gesticulate a lot, I use uptalk/vocal fry, I like musical theatre, I wear makeup and dresses, and my favorite color is pink. I'm still a guy. There's a difference between gender roles and gender.

3. rave

Out Status:
    Some people
    I feel this; especially the part about feeling more feminine when half-asleep. The times that I feel most like a woman are fleeting & short-lived, & they usually only happen when I am alone, but they exist & cause me confusion. You are not alone in your fluidity. Have you come across the terms "genderfluid" or "nonbinary"? They may resonate with you

4. countrycastout

Hey rave yeah I have heard those terms, they just did not really resonate with me... I'm thinking perhaps the estrogen in my body is causing most of these feelings idk just starting to be able to accep how I feel. I cut my hair today into a land cut... It feels good. :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 3rd Dec 2015 at 01:20 PM ----------

And baconpox thanks alot man that helps

5. tgOlivia

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Family only
    You are how you feel you are, even if that takes some figuring out. You can be a girl, or non-binary, or just a more feminine man. Im in the process of coming out as a transwoman, but it's not like Im super girly, or that I want to be super girly. In many ways I feel like a tomboy, but that doesn't make me a boy.

6. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't worry I'm the same way.
    Especially the part where I feel so much younger when I feel girly. I only actually feel my age when I feel my true gender.
    Its been said before but gender does come in waves, and its not uncommon for binary trans people to feel their birth gender from time to time.
    And talking and gesturing like a girl is something we so. Its how we are raised to behave, its a learned behavior not an instinctual one, which means you can try and unlearn it.

7. countrycastout

Thank you guys all so much, I think I'm starting to accept that I am trans male, its hard... But it feels better in a chaotic confuzing frustrating sort of way lol, I cut my hair today, after a couple weeks dressing male and trying to bind... Thanks to all you amazing people letting me know its OK to be a man and still feel a little feminine

8. rolling orange

Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm the same, and I struggled with this a lot. But it's OK to be a girly guy. Lot's of cis men are, so why shouldn't we be allowed to, too?